Tips for Sirines / Safana's quest?

#1DarthSchubertPosted 1/31/2013 10:30:08 AM
I've beatend BG1 a handful of times, but I've never actually used Safana before this playthrough. I'm by the lighthouse and I need to get her quest done - I cheated a bit and confirmed online it's in that area, past a few sirines.

After 10+ attempts last night without a satisfactory outcome (IE not losing 4/6 of my party), I gave up. Looking for some advice on how to fight Sirines. They keep charming my party, and at this point in the game I have no charm protection. Those they don't charm quickly fall to their attacks.

I'm using.
PC - Half-Orc Fight/Cleric. 19str and Con - dual wielding beast.
Dorn Il Kahn
Kagain
Viconia
Neera
Safana

Kagain is level 3, everyone else is level 2.

Any advice would be welcome... I have about 1k gold, and I'm debating just buying a bunch of stealth potions to sneak by but I can't even remember who sells them.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#2CaptainGordonPosted 2/1/2013 9:32:33 AM
Get your toughest character and send him in alone - Leave your other party members well out of sight.

Your single dude will get repeatedly charmed. The Sirines wont attack him while he's charmed, and he wont attack your party members as long as they arent nearby.

After a few castings, the Sirines will run out of charm spells; you can tell when they've run out as they will switch to physical attacks. Their arrow attacks are powerful,but they're pretty weak in close quarters combat, so now you should quickly rush them down with the rest of your party.
---
No one, not even a demon, can deny a man his Pizza Shack Teriyaki Pizza.
#3DarthSchubert(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:42:01 PM
CaptainGordon posted...
Get your toughest character and send him in alone - Leave your other party members well out of sight.

Your single dude will get repeatedly charmed. The Sirines wont attack him while he's charmed, and he wont attack your party members as long as they arent nearby.

After a few castings, the Sirines will run out of charm spells; you can tell when they've run out as they will switch to physical attacks. Their arrow attacks are powerful,but they're pretty weak in close quarters combat, so now you should quickly rush them down with the rest of your party.

Thanks... that gave me the idea of sending Kagain in with a large shield, potion of defense, belt of +3 arrow defense (can't remember name..) and gauntlets of dex 18. He survived the charms, survived the arrows with some potions, and killed the front the sirines.

Appreciate it.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#4Talon5967Posted 2/3/2013 7:21:35 PM
Guess I'm a little late, but I would have recommended leaving and coming back when your characters were a couple levels higher. Siren's are *****es. I've been leaving them alone as I build up my characters. Only the three coastal areas and the named areas are left, with my characters at levels 4-5. Should be about ready.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#5rumble_bellyPosted 2/4/2013 3:57:08 AM
Potions of clarity make you immune to charm.
#6Talon5967Posted 2/4/2013 10:46:56 AM
It's been too long since Iast played this game. Last night I decided to go into the siren areas, and instantly remembered the best way to deal with them: summoned creatures. I have Imoen scout ahead until I find sirens, then summon a creature and send it in. They burn all their charm spells on completely expendable creatures that they can't charm, and then I send in the team to mow them down. Rasaad is rather useful in doing this, because he's fast enough to close on them before they can kill the summoned creatures, which means fewer poison arrows flying at my team.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#7RydenOnkarsPosted 2/28/2013 10:44:06 PM
Well if you don't mind not fighting them at all. What i do is use one of the haste potions you get from Imoen or Monty and the invisibility potion from Jahira. Run into the cave snatch everything and run back out. You can dash right past all the sirens before they finish casting.