Sooooo can we cheat spawn Drizzt in this version?

#1MorganLaVeyPosted 2/1/2013 8:08:04 AM
Reading through the IWD books...literally the reason I want to play this again is to play Drizzt...is it possible in a non ps2 version? Are there mods? I want!!!
#2KiThirstyPosted 2/1/2013 9:49:27 AM
This game is not a different version of Dark Alliance. This is a very long, very deep, pnp-esque RPG. Dark Alliance got the name Baldur's Gate because the Baldur's Gate saga (which starts with this game) is considered to be one of the best RPGs of all time. You might be able to find a mod that lets you play as a more complete export of his character, but I don't think there is really a point, as you can make a character that is almost the exact same (minus the drow (you can pick a dark skin color on an elf though)), and at high level you will be more powerful than Drizzt. You can kill him in BG1 with the right planning, although it isn't really canon.
#3WalczykPosted 2/2/2013 7:00:18 AM
Lame. Can't believe your only reason to play this game is to play as a character from a book.
#4ZimbabweBobPosted 2/12/2013 6:43:30 PM
KiThirsty posted...
This game is not a different version of Dark Alliance. This is a very long, very deep, pnp-esque RPG. Dark Alliance got the name Baldur's Gate because the Baldur's Gate saga (which starts with this game) is considered to be one of the best RPGs of all time. You might be able to find a mod that lets you play as a more complete export of his character, but I don't think there is really a point, as you can make a character that is almost the exact same (minus the drow (you can pick a dark skin color on an elf though)), and at high level you will be more powerful than Drizzt. You can kill him in BG1 with the right planning, although it isn't really canon.

if you do :SPOILERS:::

be prepared for one hell of a fight in BG II when he shows up with the Icewind Dale crew.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID: ZimbabweBob