Just realised I cant run this game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. Just realised I cant run this game...

User Info: Wayavas

Wayavas
3 years ago#1
Because of some bug on my video card...I already made my research on the forums and found this

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7385/important-regarding-intel-hardware-driver-issues-slow-game-performance

so basically, just a warning for everyone who has not bought this game, read that thread I posted first, because if you have certain kind of graphics card, you might waste your money on this game, like I did.

Back to play tutu I guess....I dont know why I even bothered buying this
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.

User Info: rumble_belly

rumble_belly
3 years ago#2
Its not actually a bug. Intel cards just do not support OpenGL.

User Info: Sqwarts

Sqwarts
3 years ago#3
If you'd bothered to read through the requirements before buying you'd have saved $20 (:
"The Cow isn't anywhere, it's inside my mind." -Sproutling- Legend of Mana
Brawl FC (Zogun): 3952 - 8989 - 1176 Mains: MK, Falco, Marth

User Info: kyntrel

kyntrel
3 years ago#4
it played just fine on my intel. i just had the white screen problem. switched to window mode, then closed and re open the game. also i downloaded some openGL driver(cant think of the name). so not sure if the making it windowed fixed it or a combination of that plus the driver i downloaded.
if you roll a 1 in DnD.... your gonna have a bad time...

User Info: Wayavas

Wayavas
3 years ago#5
Well I didnt read the reqs partly because I thought since its a remake of an old game I didnt think it would require special stuff to be run.
what opengl drivers are u talking about?
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.

User Info: kyntrel

kyntrel
3 years ago#6
Wayavas posted...
Well I didnt read the reqs partly because I thought since its a remake of an old game I didnt think it would require special stuff to be run.
what opengl drivers are u talking about?

dont really have time right now to find what i downloaded. im not sure if it was exactly called openGL. but i notice google shows results if u search enable opengl on intel.

maybe someone else that is reading this might have more specific info for you.

good luck
if you roll a 1 in DnD.... your gonna have a bad time...
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. Just realised I cant run this game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Help fighting spell castersslide6512/3 11:20AM