A couple of questions.

#1KrakenPosted 2/7/2013 6:31:13 PM
So I'm at the end of the mines quest and I found Xan. My party is currently the PC, Imoen (who died in the battle and I dont want to reload), Minsc, the paladin whose name I cannot recall at the moment, Khalid, and Jaheira. I want to recruit Xan, but I need to make room. The questions are as follows:

1. I wish I could kick JUST Khalid, but I can't. So if I let him and Jaheira go, will they return to a town? Or will they stay five levels deep in the dungeon forever?

2. Since Imoen's dead, would kicking her make her gone forever? Or would I be able to revive her later on?
---
"I would say she saved him, the same way someone that dives on a grenade saves on burial costs." - Alkanshel on FFT
#2vballer921Posted 2/8/2013 9:26:46 AM
1. They will stay down there if i remember correctly, you could just sleep until you get attacked, get him killed, boot him. Or you could try taking khalid into the throne room by himself boot him there and maybe Jaheira won't leave. That has worked for me in the past.

2. Gone forever, if dead (gray portrait) and booted they are gone.
#3Talon5967Posted 2/8/2013 2:54:49 PM(edited)
Personally, I always boot Khalid and Jahiera in favor of Ajantis (your paladin) and Branwen (a cleric that you find turned to stone in the carnival area). I've always preferred a proper cleric over druids.

Of course, my MC is usually a mage, or one of the melee classes (paladin, fighter, ranger). If yours is a cleric, then you wouldn't need her. I prefer Branwen over Viconia because Branwen's Turn Undead either makes them run away, or explode. I've also never been a huge fan of multi-classed characters, so I don't use the dwarf you find in the Cloakwood. That's also a big part of why I don't use Jahiera. Kind of makes me feel bad booting her in BG2 after doing her quest line, but I still do.

But the best way to get rid of just Khalid is to get him killed. You don't actually need to wait for enemies to do it. If you have any AoE spells or weapons (Skull Trap, Fireball, explosion potions, grenade arrows), strip off all his gear, move him to a safe blasting area, and then fire away. Once he's dead, you can boot him safely.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.