Why does it feel like my mouse...

#1DaLaggaPosted 4/27/2012 8:25:35 PM
...is glued to the top of an analog stick for this game? Could they really not be bothered to design the controls for PC instead of basically just having the M&K emulate a controller? They don't even let you use the mouse cursor for the menus.

Not to mention that even with my sensitivity maxed, I still have to slide my mouse 3 or 4 times a cross the entire pad just to do a 360. And on top of that, the FoV is abysmal. It's easily one of the lowest I've ever seen in a game and I feel like I'm constantly zoomed in.
The only good thing I can say is that it's well optimized and runs very smoothly on my 4+ year old system. The loading times are also extremely short.

All in all though, aside for being a sloppy last minute port, the gameplay just feels lame, generic, and low budget. It's cool how robot parts go flying when you shoot them, but aside from that, the quality of everything I've seen in the demo ranges from mediocre to poor. I've heard the story is decent, but there's no way I'd fork over $40 just to find out. Maybe if Steam has it on for $5 or something for their Christmas sale it would be worth it. But otherwise, this just feels too generic and sloppy to be worth the time or money.

Anyone else feeling the same way?
#2CourtofOwlsPosted 4/27/2012 9:54:14 PM
because it is
i tried to use a 360 controller with the demo after trying to use mouse & keyboard and the right stick didn't do anything,it was still on the mouse

i finished it on the 360 already was just wondering how it compared on PC
#3OtakuGameraPosted 4/28/2012 3:32:28 AM
in other words, you pirated, good to know
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#4evangelion92Posted 4/28/2012 4:43:34 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

Stop being a jerk. They're talking about the demo ...
---
If you want breakfast in bed, just sleep in the kitchen
#5thug_angel123Posted 4/28/2012 6:46:25 AM

Atleast the performance is good. I'm sure most of these control bugs can be fixed by editing the config and stuff. A patch will probably roll by as well.

#6Morbid AngelPosted 4/28/2012 6:57:44 AM
OtakuGamera

In other words, you're a douche that has zero reading comprehension, as the man is talking about, THE DEMO. Good to know!
#7OtakuGameraPosted 4/28/2012 7:44:59 AM
In other words, you're a douche that has zero reading comprehension, as the man is talking about, THE DEMO. Good to know!

good to know that you dont know because the man didnt mention anything about a DEMO
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#8UltimaDragon88Posted 4/28/2012 11:13:05 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
good to know that you dont know because the man didnt mention anything about a DEMO

The TC did state demo in his post.

All in all though, aside for being a sloppy last minute port, the gameplay just feels lame, generic, and low budget. It's cool how robot parts go flying when you shoot them, but aside from that, the quality of everything I've seen in the demo ranges from mediocre to poor.
---
~*Insert witty phrase here!*~
#9SKI008Posted 4/28/2012 1:23:41 PM
Sloppy port is sloppy, glad they came out with a demo as those are rare these days but definitely not going to buy this.
#10RobazoidPosted 4/28/2012 2:14:11 PM
If you have an Xbox controller, I'd highly recommend it

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game as much as this. Sad that apparently the PC controls aren't up to snuff
---
**R.O.B.A.Z.O.I.D**
More topics from this board...
Is this board dead?Avil17217/29 6:35AM