Anyone wants a sequel? (maybe spoilers)

#1evangelion92Posted 4/30/2012 5:11:34 AM
I'm not going to put specific spoilers in this particular post, but as people discuss things then maybe spoilers are unavoidable. So just a heads up in case those who don't want to be spoiled are reading.

So anyone wants a sequel for Binary Domain? I sure as hell want one, and I think the ending definitely leaves room for a sequel.

However, I'm not sure if SEGA have the faith and money to put into BD considering the disappointing sales figure. Lack of polish in the game kinda cost them from words of mouth, and the lack of marketing simply means people don't know what BD is.
---
If you want breakfast in bed, just sleep in the kitchen
#2Faramir535Posted 4/30/2012 10:37:24 PM

This game has great potential. A sequel would be great but you are right, it's not selling enough unfortunately.

#3Valkerion757Posted 4/30/2012 11:59:29 PM
I think this topic can be discussed without spoilers of the ending and just the gameplay and overall game.

But I've only played chapter 1 and some change, I gotta say... its a pretty darn good game. Sure its not perfect but its quite refreshing. Smart well thought out world, nice social commentary about Japan from Japanese people which you rarely see outside their country, cool cast although someone's lines are extremely stereotype and its blatantly obvious the VA does not talk like that irl or took the constant "bro, brother, AIGHT!? serious lol.

Just... in general this is a really cool game. I wish SEGA did a better job promoting it. Like we kept seeing the name and the logo and the one screenshot of the dudes face ripped off but that was it til about a month before it came out.

Definitely recommending this game to friends, this coming from someone who does not really like shooters but the world and environment alone hooked me.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#4evangelion92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:02:48 AM
It's usually quite difficult to discuss about sequel without mentioning the ending because sequels are usually based on story continuation from one game to the next. However, I'll try my best to not go into specifics as much as I can because I don't want to spoil people if I can avoid it.

I agree very much with the environment/world as part of the strongest pull for the game to me. I just fall in love with the futuristic Tokyo setting and it blends so well with the game. I wish we could've seen even more of the city.

The other strong part of the game to me is the gameplay itself. Shooting different parts of the robots combined with different types of robot enemies with their different behaviors is just satisfying. The boss fights are well thought too, and I really felt like I had to give my all and just burn all my ammo if I have to.

Things that can be improved to me for the sequel are:
1. Game length (either stay linear but way longer, or slightly longer but with more branches)
2. Trust system (it's a little shallow when you kinda just agree 99.99% of the time)
3. More teammates (I'm a fan of multi-national elite team kind of thing, would love to see more countries involved)

With Mass Effect and Gears of War trilogy finished, most of shooters series out there rely heavily on multiplayer (CoD, MW, L4D, etc) or simply being different (Borderlands!). There is definitely room for a new series for SOLID SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN and this is where Binary Domain could've gone to had they really push that in their marketing because it has a very interesting concept story. If they have clever writing, it could be huge success.

I'm cursing SEGA for lack of marketing, and I still don't quite get why the Binary Domain title. It sounds more confusing to people rather than making them interested into the game.
---
#5mrNicknamePosted 5/2/2012 6:10:31 PM
The cover image looks pretty outdated/cheap like those console games in 2004. Atleast that's my first impression until i took a blast in the game to find out "is a total different world". That's one big minus for marketing especially when people don't know about the game.
---
AMD i386 100MHz, 8MB RAM, Generic VGA graphic, play pong at 60fps
#6truneetPosted 5/3/2012 7:03:59 AM
I'd love a sequel, but there's never going to be one because the game bombed so hard on 360/PS3.
#7mrNicknamePosted 5/7/2012 4:55:00 PM
General sequel plot guesses:

1. Protagonist join his girlfriend to hunt rest of the troubled Hollow Child. During the investigation they discovered someone else is actually controlling them for a "secret massive plan" somehow and on way to destroy this "mastermind".

2. Protagonist protects his girlfriend, head to US to destroy whoever created the law, give Hollow Child a second chance and freedom. More twisted plot on the way to the final show down.
---
AMD i386 100MHz, 8MB RAM, Generic VGA graphic, play pong at 60fps
#8evangelion92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 4:51:34 PM
mrNickname posted...
General sequel plot guesses:

1. Protagonist join his girlfriend to hunt rest of the troubled Hollow Child. During the investigation they discovered someone else is actually controlling them for a "secret massive plan" somehow and on way to destroy this "mastermind".

2. Protagonist protects his girlfriend, head to US to destroy whoever created the law, give Hollow Child a second chance and freedom. More twisted plot on the way to the final show down.

I want to go further with the protagonist and girlfriend attempted to bring down the evil organization at the beginning of the game, but they failed and had to pull back. After showing themselves as threats, the evil organization chose to hunt them down more aggressively by sending the Rust Crew led by Charlie. Then somewhere along the game after numerous escapes they finally got into a showdown, but Rust Crew being betrayed by whatever evil organization (maybe Rust Crew met the good guys and then evil organization chose to launch missile to kill them all or something), and they ended up joining the good guys to survive. Then they launched a counter attack to bring down the evil organization. XD
---
#9StrifeZephyrPosted 5/10/2012 1:51:40 PM
While unlikely for reasons others have stated, I would be down for a sequel. However, if it doesn't happen I'm satisfied with how the game ends with the scene after the credits. I came into playing this game with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised by how invested I became in the story and characters, the gameplay is solid as well. While the game is not without its flaws, I'm really glad I gave it a shot.
#10engimamanPosted 5/24/2012 5:32:42 PM(edited)
If they make a sequel I kind of think they'll need a brand new protagonist maybe someone just like Faye (born from an female hollow child and being hunted by the American government)
and just have Dan and Faye as side characters.... idk..I mean Dan is alright but....meh I kind of felt his personality is kind of two dimensional

either way, I would welcome an sequel hell maybe even a prequel
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."