What if the first episode is good, but the rest suck?

#1awesomephatmanPosted 4/24/2012 2:57:54 PM(edited)
Y'know, hook people in with a quality, interesting, well-paced first episode. Work hard to get good reviews and get people buying the season pass. Then they don't have to work for the rest of the episodes because they've already got your money.

That's what I'm worried about.
---
I was floating in a peaceful sea
Rescued by a sinking ship
#2ChrisYankeePosted 4/24/2012 2:51:54 PM
The Back To The Future games were pretty good quality. So TellTale has a decent background.
#3Soul_of_ManaPosted 4/24/2012 3:00:27 PM
TellTale is pretty consistent with there work, and usually strive to provide a good experience that fans of whatever franchise they are working with, will enjoy. They have a good track record so far, and for a reason. If they pulled something like that, it would be an overall bad business decision for them, as they would get a bad reputation for a stunt like that.
---
http://backloggery.com/soul_of_mana
The Winds of Change are stirring.
#4awesomephatman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2012 3:01:18 PM
Soul_of_Mana posted...
TellTale is pretty consistent with there work, and usually strive to provide a good experience that fans of whatever franchise they are working with, will enjoy. They have a good track record so far, and for a reason. If they pulled something like that, it would be an overall bad business decision for them, as they would get a bad reputation for a stunt like that.

Like how Jurassic Park destroyed their reputation?
---
I was floating in a peaceful sea
Rescued by a sinking ship
#5OmegaReaper21Posted 4/24/2012 3:41:10 PM
awesomephatman posted...
Soul_of_Mana posted...

Like how Jurassic Park destroyed their reputation?

Jurassic what? Move along now.
#6mearhar1Posted 4/24/2012 4:59:54 PM
Jurassic Park was an alright game for what it was. Telltale tried something new with it an I applaud them for that
#7Gmoney-Posted 4/24/2012 7:03:40 PM(edited)
The coming up next episode looked amazing. Comic book quality.

---
Justice. Across the universe.
#8ChrisYankeePosted 4/24/2012 7:26:10 PM
I have to agree, episode 2 looks amazing and it's only 4 bucks.

I really hope each episode is changed by our actions and choices.
#9Gmoney-Posted 4/24/2012 7:29:01 PM
Quote:I have to agree, episode 2 looks amazing and it's only 4 bucks.

I really hope each episode is changed by our actions and choices.

@ChrisYankee

Spoilers

Man! I wonder who Lee is chomping that is begging. Let's hope it's Larry.
---
Justice. Across the universe.
#10sith9erPosted 4/24/2012 7:51:58 PM
this was great and the next one looks every bit as good if not better
---
PSN : formerdonut