Doug appreciation thread *Spoilers*

#21IKnowGameFuPosted 4/29/2012 7:57:36 PM
I saved Carly because she's good with the gun, and it's an apocalypse. Wouldn't want to survive an apocalypse with just a bunch of men left
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#22maiden1993Posted 4/29/2012 9:18:23 PM
Bros before hoes.
#23SaintFC_Posted 4/30/2012 12:55:23 AM
What happened to women and children first?

F that, I'm saving my broham!
---
Help Me!
#24jolteonsockPosted 4/30/2012 6:24:44 PM
Honestly, I picked dough because her option said take purse or something like that and not "save carly". Very stupid moment but I figured if I took the purse Lee would just steal it and let them go. In retrospect I would've gone with Carly but I want to keep playing with my choices good or bad.
---
XBL GT: F-apasaurus Rexx (No dash. Gamefaqs just won't let me write the whole thing)
#25CrazymoomooPosted 4/30/2012 8:43:39 PM
Meh..I didn't save him..but kind of wish I had. In the end its a brawn over brains type situation. You have a person with a gun..and a person who knows how to use it..but is dumber than dirt. And then you have another..who for the most part is a mystery..but he is tech savy.

I would like to think that people picked the woman over him..not because she is a woman..and honestly since the beginning of mankind we have had this idea pushed down our throats that men are less needed than women and children..but instead of that they picked her because she could shoot.
#26Gmoney-Posted 5/1/2012 7:00:50 PM
Quote:Meh..I didn't save him..but kind of wish I had. In the end its a brawn over brains type situation. You have a person with a gun..and a person who knows how to use it..but is dumber than dirt. And then you have another..who for the most part is a mystery..but he is tech savy.

I would like to think that people picked the woman over him..not because she is a woman..and honestly since the beginning of mankind we have had this idea pushed down our throats that men are less needed than women and children..but instead of that they picked her because she could shoot.

@Crazymoomoo

He's also heroic. He saved her life. So that means he may save the day. Hell he may be a psycho though. But I think they made the woman the one with the gun on purpose because more males would choose her even though she's dumb as bricks. She's gonna fire that gun and draw the zombies in. Just watch.
---
Justice. Across the universe.
#27jsquad4136Posted 5/2/2012 7:25:30 AM
PLEEEEASE let there be an option to choose between Clementine and Duck. I HATE Duck with a burning passion. 5 minutes into the game and he already gets a guy killed. And he doesn't feel the LEAST bit sorry for it. I don't care if the kid is like 7, a normal child would at least feel bad for running over a guy with a tractor and causing his death.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."
#28kn1ghtshadePosted 5/3/2012 8:53:23 AM
I must have played a different game. Doug couldn't die fast enough for me. He was so annoying that I figure I won't bother playing the next 4 episodes.
#29pillerofautumnPosted 5/3/2012 10:24:53 AM

Meh..I didn't save him..but kind of wish I had. In the end its a brawn over brains type situation. You have a person with a gun..and a person who knows how to use it..but is dumber than dirt. And then you have another..who for the most part is a mystery..but he is tech savy.

I don't think she is dumber than dirt. Have you guys honestly never made a stupid mistake? I know I have, and I'm not dumber than dirt. Reporters usually are smarter than the average person, just because she didn't know about a specific thing doesn't make her dumb. She was under stress, the world is ending around her, I doubt everyone would be able to think clearly in a position like hers.

I picked her because she was skilled with a gun. If it had been the opposite way, where Carley was some military guy and Doug was some dorky girl, I would still save the military guy. It's about survival. And it doesn't hurt that Carley is a woman.
#30jsquad4136Posted 5/3/2012 11:09:42 AM
"She was under stress, the world is ending around her, I doubt everyone would be able to think clearly in a position like hers."

Doug was under stress too but was able to program a universal remote to turn on TVS because he remembered all their codes. THAT RIGHT THERE is a good reason to choose Doug over her.

He is waaaaay more capable at thinking during stressful situations than Carly. Sure he doesn't have a gun but he has already proven himself quite capable in survival/combat situations because he saved Carly once already.

If you can't do the most basic functions (change the batteries in a radio) while under stress then that can REALLY come back to bite you on the ass. Honestly though I think I could blame her inability to work a radio on clumsy writing.

I mean hell she IS damn level headed in stress situations and has a steady aim with a gun. It doesn't make since to have her have a dumb moment like that. It seemed more like a way for them to try to work in a 'puzzle' but the execution was sloppy and caused Carly to look like an idiot when she's not.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."