I don't understand, is this an atypical game?

#1The8TrifectaPosted 4/26/2012 8:10:37 PM

What I am asking is that do we get to control the characters walking around or is it just comic sequence clip > player action select > result clip?

#2DireqDavePosted 4/27/2012 2:26:27 AM
It's pretty typical as far as adventure games are concerned. You control a main character, explore the environment, talk to people and solve puzzles. There are some quick-time-events when it comes time to kill zombies.

Overall, the game does a good job of involving you in the story. There's a demo on PSN you can check out.
#3The8Trifecta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 10:46:06 PM

Thanks for the feedback, is it sort of an open world game? rpg?

I get the vibe I don't really control my character as much outside of fighting the zombies during encounters

#4MephistophelesPosted 4/27/2012 11:09:17 PM(edited)
It's more of a point and click adventure game than anything. Think Monkey Island, Sam and Max, etc.

You do have direct control over the main character but you just as easily could take that away and the game would be pretty much the same. If you are interested in a well told story in the Walking Dead universe than pick it up. Story is the key word there... it's mostly all talking to other characters and some simple puzzle solving. If you are looking to mow down a bunch of zombies go grab Dead Rising.

And if you are not familiar with the Point and Click genre by all means get the Monkey Island Special Editions. I will guarantee satisfaction!
---
XBL: Scooby MaroonPSN: GhostOfJAWS Wii: A bunch of numbers!
#5tzar_666Posted 4/28/2012 7:35:37 AM
its not a shooting game where you blast zombies. its a survival horror game with a in debth story about real characters,
---
"questions are a burden to others and a danger to you"- cleveland brown
#6NarutoPosted 4/28/2012 11:13:16 AM
tzar_666 posted...
its a survival horror game

This isn't survival horror. Carley seems to have a portal to an ammo depot inside her purse.
#7tzar_666Posted 4/29/2012 1:38:19 PM
we have different views on the same genera of games thats all...
---
"questions are a burden to others and a danger to you"- cleveland brown
#8zeik56Posted 4/29/2012 1:55:25 PM
Thematically it's basically survival horror but gameplay wise this is definitely adventure game.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin. It's his twin brother!
I'm going to follow him home...kill his whole family.~Space Ghost
#9sparky14Posted 4/29/2012 3:24:41 PM
Very much on the rails, you often have a bit of exploring in a small area with people to talk to and then a bit of zombie action then back to a small area again.
#10IIIPowerIIIPosted 4/29/2012 7:33:06 PM
its like Heavy Rain but instead of murder its zombie.