Storyline for this WD *poosibly spoiler warnings*

#1Blingya25Posted 4/29/2012 7:33:38 PM
So, I'm not sure as I have never read the comic series, but only seen the TV series. Without spoiler any of this story's plot, does this story (of Lee Everett) follow the comic storyline or is it its own storyline?

I'm guessing it follows the comic book. Like I said, I didn't/haven't read the comic series yet, but it seems like this story coincides with the TV series, in which Glenn goes to Atlanta and meets Rick in the TV series. Which would be a cool, neat way to introduce other survivors and their hardships along side with Rick's crew.
---
`/(o^_^o)\` Raichu!!
TOO BAD, IT'S A RAICHU!!!!
#2zeik56Posted 4/29/2012 7:58:07 PM
From what I understand it's tied closer to the comics, but it's a separate scenario, outside of a few cameos.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#3Gmoney-Posted 4/30/2012 9:19:59 AM
It's in the comic universe when Rick is still in a coma. You see how Glenn gets the walkie talkie that saves Rick
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#4pillerofautumnPosted 4/30/2012 9:43:49 AM
It's set in the comic's universe. The TV show is more of an alternative universe, it's more like fanfic than anything else. The beginning of the TV show happened almost exactly the same. Rick wakes up, goes finds his family, heads into Atlanta and finds Glenn. It's when they get to the camp that the show starts to deviate.
#5pokemonmaster0Posted 4/30/2012 2:48:35 PM
Massive spoilers for the show and the comic

The main difference so far have been:
Cdc never happens in comic, the whole everyone is infected thing is established later when a double suicide (by characters that are currently not in the show) goes wrong and one comes back from being shot.

Shane's death happens prior to Hershel, the barn gets opened still due to Hershel trying to lead some walkers in and they get lose. Also Carl kills Shane and he's buried before he's zombified. Rick later drives back to put the zombie out of it's misery because he feels bad knowing that a zombie Shane is underground. Otherwise the scene is fairly similar, Shane blames Rick for everything going wrong for him and attempts to kill him.

Sophia and Dale don't die when they die in the show, Dale survives until volume 9 or 10 (can't remember off the top of my head) and so far the show has been about 1 volume a season give or take, so yeah he died early. Sophia is alive and is adopted by Maggy and Glen eventually. Also I think Hershel's kids die in a different order, fairly sure the suicidal girl's comic equivalent died in the barn outbreak but I need to check that.

The two rednecks, and T-dog don't exist in the comic, and a few of the kids where removed for the show

Bar scene and the whole kid that Shane kills also never happened in the comics.

End spoilers

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head, otherwise the show follows the comics for the most part. I should note Lily plays a small but major roll in the comics, however the show hasn't gotten to that part yet.
#6DocDeliciousPosted 4/30/2012 3:15:33 PM
Gmoney- posted...
It's in the comic universe when Rick is still in a coma. You see how Glenn gets the walkie talkie that saves Rick

*major spoilers*
Yes it's based off the comics. But the radio thing doesn't happen in them. Only the show.
In the comics Glenn just kind of appears in an alleyway that Rick goes into after getting away from the horde in Atlanta.

Carl shoots Shane in the comics. In the show it has Rick and Shane in the woods and Shane just points a gun at him. In the comics they have an argument and Carl protects his dad.
Suicide thing happens and Rick goes back to dig Shane up and that's how it's confirmed you don't need to be bitten to come back.

Maggie doesn't die in the comics as far as I know and neither does Sophia. They make it all the way to Douglas' Compound. Maggie does try to commit suicide though.

Really the only similarities between the show and the comics are some of the characters and some of the locations. Most of the events and characters are changed completely, added in/taken out for the show.
They really really dumb it down and make it quite "PG" compared to the comics. If you haven't read them I strongly suggest you do. I've followed the comics for years now. Probably my favorite series next to Skullkickers. Show is a pretty awful knock-off imo.
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.
#7pokemonmaster0Posted 4/30/2012 3:25:50 PM
DocDelicious posted...
Gmoney- posted...

*major spoilers*
Yes it's based off the comics. But the radio thing doesn't happen in them. Only the show.
In the comics Glenn just kind of appears in an alleyway that Rick goes into after getting away from the horde in Atlanta.

Carl shoots Shane in the comics. In the show it has Rick and Shane in the woods and Shane just points a gun at him. In the comics they have an argument and Carl protects his dad.
Suicide thing happens and Rick goes back to dig Shane up and that's how it's confirmed you don't need to be bitten to come back.

Maggie doesn't die in the comics as far as I know and neither does Sophia. They make it all the way to Douglas' Compound. Maggie does try to commit suicide though.

Really the only similarities between the show and the comics are some of the characters and some of the locations. Most of the events and characters are changed completely, added in/taken out for the show.
They really really dumb it down and make it quite "PG" compared to the comics. If you haven't read them I strongly suggest you do. I've followed the comics for years now. Probably my favorite series next to Skullkickers. Show is a pretty awful knock-off imo.

Maggie is alive in the show.
#8Gmoney-Posted 4/30/2012 4:26:08 PM
Yeah it's been so long since I've read the first comics that I forgot about the walkie talkie thing. But yeah. I've read em all.
---
Justice. Across the universe.
#9DocDeliciousPosted 4/30/2012 4:37:42 PM
Gotcha. Misunderstood your first post.

*more spoilers then*

Dale dies in the church after having his leg cut off by cannibals.
And Dale and Andrea are together in the comics. Not Andrea and Shane. Just another thing I dislike about the show.
The way they represent the relationships between characters and a lot of the events theyre involved in completely changes how they are viewed by the audience.

No idea how Dale dies in the show. Gave up on it after the first season. Might try to watch s2 when it's out on Netflix.
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.
#10Gmoney-Posted 4/30/2012 4:44:30 PM
Quote:Gotcha. Misunderstood your first post.

*more spoilers then*

Dale dies in the church after having his leg cut off by cannibals.
And Dale and Andrea are together in the comics. Not Andrea and Shane. Just another thing I dislike about the show.
The way they represent the relationships between characters and a lot of the events theyre involved in completely changes how they are viewed by the audience.

No idea how Dale dies in the show. Gave up on it after the first season. Might try to watch s2 when it's out on Netflix.

@DocDelicious

It's dumb.

Also, Shane being alive in the show is terrible. They just split Ricks character in two and made the evil serious half Shane.
---
Justice. Across the universe.