C/D This is the type of game Dead Island should have been

#1S1lver_Bull3tPosted 4/30/2012 2:02:59 PM
C for me. This game is simply breath-taking, and one of my favorites of all the PS3 games I've played. After seeing Dead Island's tear-inducing trailer, I expected an emotional experience with a great story. I was disappointed with the actual game :(
---
Can I really put anything I want in this little box? Cool!
#2SunricerPosted 4/30/2012 4:28:37 PM
C, I still enjoyed Dead Island, but I'm really glad this isn't another zombie shooter. (Even fighting one of them is hard)
You actually care about the characters, or least I do, while in DI, I mostly just ran through it without a care for most of them.
Although, I am not sure how well they'd do if they kept Dead Island open world, only more like this game.

I'm enjoying this far more than Dead Island though and I really can't wait for another episode. They've done a good job so far with the first episode, in my opinion.
#3mahgah91Posted 4/30/2012 6:20:30 PM
I enjoyed Dead Island. It wasn't, by any means, a narrative epic, but I really enjoyed it overall. I actually felt like I was in a zombie apocalyptic setting, something I've never gotten from another zombie game (except for RE2).
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: Mahgah 1547-5225-3564
#4spyduhmahnPosted 4/30/2012 7:16:40 PM
C, but it'd be a lot harder for a full length game. Here's hoping to Dead Island 2 being like it!
---
http://geekinstone.blog.com/
#5CrazymoomooPosted 4/30/2012 8:36:11 PM
D. While I do like how The Walking Dead plays out..I would not have liked Dead Island to be like that..there are only so many FPS zombie shooters out there..Left 4 Dead being the only other one I can think of..and Dead Island was really fun the way it was. But no..I think TellTale is doing a good job with this game..and it will cement its own little niche in the zombie genre.
#6BrokenNoahPosted 4/30/2012 11:20:27 PM
I don't know if the sales justify this but they could have a spin-off for Dead Island with an adventure/action/survival horror type gameplay while the keeping the main, FPS/Action RPG, series intact. Wishful thinking, I guess.
#7DocDeliciousPosted 5/1/2012 11:58:10 AM
C and D.

They are both great games that do what they were made to very very well.
I love the WD series so it was great to see that this wasn't just another fps.
But Dead Island is also my favorite zombie game of all time. Zombie action-RPG? Get the f*** out of town. Dead Island is what the L4D games should have been. Yes it could have had a deeper/more involving storyline but sometimes I just feel like smashing some zombie-heads in with whatever I can find, y'know?
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.
#8Vicious7Posted 5/1/2012 5:01:27 PM
D.
They're different games serving different purposes.
#9TrappedInLimboPosted 5/1/2012 5:11:22 PM

D.

Even though I absolutely love this game, more than Dead Island, I don't think DI should of been this type of game. DI had a great concept but was executed poorly with a boring story, no local co-op, and not much replayability.

#10sparky14Posted 5/1/2012 5:21:47 PM
Thought dead island would've been more realistic and had massive potential but that went out of the window as soon as I heard electric machete. That trailer and the composer were wasted.