The Girl in room 9

#1GuiseppeHBPosted 5/1/2012 3:24:05 AM
I chose to let her have the gun. Then she opted out(Jenner term) Glenn seemed shocked at the choice like i was a cold hearted person. Did anyone else choose anything different? If so, what was the outcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPHtA4mjEeA
#2SyggysPosted 5/1/2012 5:48:48 AM
In my first playthrough I let her have the gun because I felt like it was the right thing to do, to make the difficult choice, and its the way I would want it if it was me in her situation, to be able to choose the way you die and not become a zombie (even if her Christian babble kinda annoyed me. I even told her "God bless you" (or whatever the line was) despite being an atheist). But it felt like the game was trying to make me feel like a bad guy for making that decision.

Second playthrough I decided to not let her have it and told her theres still hope, not to give up, and honestly it just felt like a cop out, the cowards way out, not making a real decision. Anyway, the girl really wants the fun, so she makes for it, a struggle ensues, the balcony collapses, and in the confusion she gets the gun. She holds it to her head and you plead with her not to, but she does anyway. Glenn is horrified and vomits, but feels you did the right thing.

Also lol'd at Glenn's reaction to her having a boyfriend.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#3punisher1Posted 5/1/2012 7:22:47 AM
that was funny.
---
I'll give you a brief history of pain with the back of my hand!
Einstein vs Stephen Hawking -Epic Rap Battles of History #7
#4NarutoPosted 5/1/2012 10:51:02 AM
It's odd that zombies didn't start mobbing the place when the girl shot herself.
#5SyggysPosted 5/1/2012 11:21:14 AM
Naruto posted...
It's odd that zombies didn't start mobbing the place when the girl shot herself.

They did. At the end of the scene the zombies showed up, everyone ran like MF's and bundled themselves into Glenn's pizza delivery car and got away.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#6pillerofautumnPosted 5/1/2012 12:54:54 PM

Naruto posted...

They did. At the end of the scene the zombies showed up, everyone ran like MF's and bundled themselves into Glenn's pizza delivery car and got away.

Strangely, if you give her the gun, no zombies show up. If you deny her the gun and she gets it anyway, that's when zombies show up.
#7Freelance_WolfPosted 5/1/2012 5:26:23 PM
Well if you didn't give her the gun, you end up collapsing the balcony and making even more noise than just a gunshot. That would have attracted more zombies as opposed to just the gunshot.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
FC 4468-1025-6646
#8ShadowHeart332Posted 5/10/2012 6:33:08 AM
Honestly, I'm a little disheartened I wasn't allowed to pull the trigger my self. Not because I want to be the heartless bastard that does people in, but because I think that, if I knew that a bite was almost certainly deadly (A factor that they couldn't be sure of at that moment anyways.) I would still want my hand, or the hand of an ally, or the gun. Giving a loaded gun to a stranger in desperate straights could lead to more than one casualty. And if she really wanted to die, there wouldn't be any complaint if it was done by someone else I believe. I think, if I was in Lee's shoes, I wouldn't want to leave the woman there to suffer, but I wouldn't want to give her the only gun we had either. Compromise would be simple, and to make it clear, it wouldn't be a group consensus, democracy has a time and a place. Because of my cautious mind, I didn't give her the gun. It just sounded too risky.
#9_Chalky_WhitePosted 5/10/2012 12:27:06 PM
I gave her the gun because I thought she deserved the courtesy of avoiding zombification and dying (somewhat) on her own terms. The whole conversation flowed remarkably well for me, and I feel it was the best path.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6KtaV.jpg
#10InuYashaaaPosted 5/10/2012 5:06:02 PM
I denied the person the gun by accident because a lot of the times the wording on the options really aren't clear enough. I assumed there would be an option to kill her with the axe, it would have been the most logical decision.