I like the stats at the end. A quick discussion, w/ current stats. *spoilers*

#1Chris McDohlPosted 5/1/2012 11:44:48 AM
Myself and 71% were honest to Hershel
Myself and 31% chose Shawn
Myself and 52% sided with Larry
Myself and 45% gave Irene the gun
Myself and 73% chose Carley

Makes me wonder about some things, really.

- Why not be honest? There was no benefit to lying at that point.

- Why save the kid? Kids are worthless in the zombie apocalypse (see Carl and that other little girl......dammit I wish Carl died from that gunshot lol...I hate him).

- Why wouldn't you side with Larry from the get-go? Better yet, why side with some a-hole you just met that's trying to kill the only guy you know's kid? I can't believe that decision is 50/50.

- Ok. I see the gun one being close. I just know I wouldn't want to live as a zombie so I showed that girl the same respect I'd want others to give me.

- Doug vs. Carley. I knew that wouldn't be close. I guess most choose her because she's with you for a while, whereas you know Doug for a few seconds out on the street? Also, gun skills vs. technology skills in a world without technology kinda makes this a no-brainer as well.

So, what do you all think? Agree with the consensus? Why or why not?
---
PSN: RamSham
#2zeik56Posted 5/1/2012 12:08:50 PM(edited)
1. I lied because I didn't feel there was any good reason to make people distrust Lee by letting on that he's probably a murderer. Hershel may catch on, but ironically he proceeds to tell you to lie to everyone else for exactly that reason anyway.

2. I tried to save Shawn because he was obviously in a worse situation, plus I was kind of pissed at the kid for running him over in the first place.

3. Larry is an irrational douchebag who wanted to throw the kid out to the zombies before even confirming he was bitten. I played through the game twice to see different paths and I still couldn't bring myself to side with that a-hole. The fact that he punches you out at the end regardless of whether you side with him just makes it worse.

4. I gave it to her because she was obviously doomed, if I were her I'd want to go out on my own terms.

5. I chose Carley because she had the gun and could use it and I felt like I knew her better than Doug. I feel bad for having to let him die though, because I really did like Doug. If it had been anyone else (besides Clementine) it would have been an easy choice.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#3pillerofautumnPosted 5/1/2012 12:11:11 PM
I wasn't honest the first time cause Clementine was right behind Hershel. Didn't see the need for her to know I was a criminal. Also, I knew we weren't going to stay with Hershel long, so he didn't need to know either.

Shawn said himself that he couldn't kill a zombie. He's pretty much as worthless as Duck. And his fence building skills were really lacking. It came down to Duck being a kid. You can't just let a kid die without trying right? Well, you can...

I'm pretty sure Larry is the one who wanted to throw the kid out. Kenny is the guy who's son Larry thought was bitten. Seems you sided with the a-hole. I sided against Larry for obvious reasons, the major one being that he was irrational. "He might be bitten maybe, let's kill him just in case"

I chose not to give her the gun even though I knew there was no hope for her. It seemed to fit the theme of all zombie apocalypses, where no one knows how it's caused. "You're bitten? We can get you a doctor!" In reality, I wouldn't give it to her because it's noisy, a waste of ammo, and I wouldn't want her blood on my hands.

The Doug/Carley thing I agree with. I chose Carley because she's a sharpshooter. Can't imagine Doug going with you to the motel and being as useful as Carley.
#4machinaplussoulPosted 5/1/2012 4:53:04 PM
i was honest with hersh just because.

ChOOSE to save duck, because kenny mentioned he had a *BOAT* so i wanted to gain his loyalty, plus kenny was dead in the comic anywayz so i figured he had no shelf life!.

technically i didnt side with kenny but according to the game i did. i guess trying to be the peacekeeper meant you helped larry.

didnt let irene take the gun(waste of a bullet)

i FIRST saved carly(she has a gun & a vagina) but then regretted it and saved Doug because hes intelligent, carly didnt know how to put batteries in a radio(this concerned me greatly)
#5Chris McDohl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 8:23:11 PM
My bad on the name mix up for Kenny/Larry. I sided with Kenny, obviously.
---
PSN: RamSham
#6AyahRivenPosted 5/1/2012 11:53:08 PM
- Why not be honest? There was no benefit to lying at that point.

I was honest. Though I can see why some people would want to hide the fact that you were in trouble with the law.

- Why save the kid? Kids are worthless in the zombie apocalypse (see Carl and that other little girl......dammit I wish Carl died from that gunshot lol...I hate him).

I chose to save Shawn, but immediately regretted it. Anyone that would choose to let children die in a real zombie apocalypse would get a broken kneecap and be left to die in excruciating agony by me.

- Why wouldn't you side with Larry from the get-go? Better yet, why side with some a-hole you just met that's trying to kill the only guy you know's kid? I can't believe that decision is 50/50.

I sided with Larry by accident. I'm assuming you meant Kenny here btw. And yeah, this choice was a bit weird. A lot of people have ended up siding with Larry without meaning to, hence the skewed numbers.

- Ok. I see the gun one being close. I just know I wouldn't want to live as a zombie so I showed that girl the same respect I'd want others to give me.

I chose to give her the gun, but again immediately regretted it. I didn't even think about A) I'd be handing a mentally unstable woman a gun B) the gun-shot attracting walkers. Plus, if you really step into Lee's shoes, he has no idea if there's a cure or not, so Glenn's right - that's giving up hope.

- Doug vs. Carley. I knew that wouldn't be close. I guess most choose her because she's with you for a while, whereas you know Doug for a few seconds out on the street? Also, gun skills vs. technology skills in a world without technology kinda makes this a no-brainer as well.

This is just wrong beyond belief. Doug could fix Clem's walkie-talkie, instantly putting us back in communication with Glenn. Not to mention any radios, computers, switchboards etc. that we come across - these things could potentially all be far, far more valuable than a handgun held by an incredibly stupid woman.

Anyway, I actually chose to save Carley first time around, too. Not entirely sure why, looking back - I guess the cliché "guy saves the girl" mentality got the better of me. This is the decision that has me most torn, actually. The more I think about it, the more I regret it. It's a tough one, but I think a lot of people rule out Doug for well... idiotic reasons, really.
#7StupidMofozPosted 5/2/2012 2:13:41 AM(edited)
Cleme saved your life TWICE, she was with you when you were holding the doors closed while the others were hiding, she's a lot tougher than most of the adults.

Wrench save, Cane save, don't forget that.
#8BroussegpPosted 5/2/2012 3:19:47 AM(edited)
1. Exactly, I don't see why you would lie to Hershel, so I was honest (and we didn't know much about our past at this point so we had nothing to hide).

2. Yeah, the kid is dumb. Yeah, kids can't do much against zombies (Clem' saved your ass a couple of times). But kids need to be protected, in any situation I would never let a kid die. If I'm going to die because I have some moral, so be it.
That and I thought that I would need to save the kid first to be able to move the tractor to save Shawn.

3. Larry is a bad guy. Once more, I had to protect the kid. If he had really be bitten, we would have time to "take care" of it.

4. Just like I can't let a kid die, I can't let a person become a zombie, so I gave her the gun.
I regret it because we don't know if there is a cure.

5. I chose to save Carley, not because she's a girl or because I like her most, but because I thought that by saving her she should be able to shoot on the zombies attacking Doug, two birds with one stone. I really tried to help them both, and I was wrong. In the long term I agree that Doug should be more useful. Carley has a gun and knows how to use it, yeah, but I think that Lily, Larry, Kenny or Lee can use this gun too.
#9pillerofautumnPosted 5/2/2012 12:41:34 PM

This is just wrong beyond belief. Doug could fix Clem's walkie-talkie, instantly putting us back in communication with Glenn. Not to mention any radios, computers, switchboards etc. that we come across - these things could potentially all be far, far more valuable than a handgun held by an incredibly stupid woman.

I rather take the girl who can definitely(and has definitely) save(d) us with her gun skills than a guy who can potentially be far more valuable. At the end of the day, a sharpshooter will save your life, while fixing a walkie-talkie won't. Don't really understand why in a survival situation, anyone would save the techie. The game ends on day 4 I believe, and the power went out. In the coming weeks, there will be no switchboards or computers to speak of because there won't be any electricity to speak of. What would Doug's purpose be then? And he's overweight, and a male, so he eats more than Carley. Next episode deals with hunger... Did I mention he's a male?

I agree with Chris, really a no brainer.
#10AyahRivenPosted 5/2/2012 2:46:41 PM
I rather take the girl who can definitely(and has definitely) save(d) us with her gun skills than a guy who can potentially be far more valuable. At the end of the day, a sharpshooter will save your life, while fixing a walkie-talkie won't.

Anyone can learn to shoot a gun given a small amount of time. Besides, I'm sure we'll come across far more gun-toting survivors than we will techies; it's just logistics. Fixing a radio and hearing a broadcast of a huge, fortified survivor camp with water, food, beds, vehicles, gasoline, weapons etc etc. is much, MUCH more of a life-saver than a girl popping a few walkers with a handgun.

Don't really understand why in a survival situation, anyone would save the techie. The game ends on day 4 I believe, and the power went out. In the coming weeks, there will be no switchboards or computers to speak of because there won't be any electricity to speak of.

Well that's just wrong. There's plenty of electricity still running. In the comics, even a year or so on, there is electricity. So the power went out at the Motel? Well, that's just supporting my argument; I'm betting Doug will be able to get it back on. I can pick up a handgun and shoot zombies, myself, to survive short-term - I cannot repair or reprogram things that could allow me to survive long-term.

What would Doug's purpose be then? And he's overweight, and a male, so he eats more than Carley. Next episode deals with hunger... Did I mention he's a male?

Well he doesn't eat more than Carley - you can give Carley an energy bar, but not Doug.

I agree with Chris, really a no brainer.

Not if you choose to use it. =]