Shawn's friend and the police officer...

#1PunishmePosted 5/5/2012 3:45:52 PM
Think any of those guys will return or was that just showing you small possibilities for the choice options?

I hope they both come back and add different flavors to the story depending on who you saved...
#2zeik56Posted 5/5/2012 4:09:52 PM
I'd say it's very likely that they'll show up again at some point, although I can't speak for how big of a role they'll play.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin. It's his twin brother!
I'm going to follow him home...kill his whole family.~Space Ghost
#3_Chalky_WhitePosted 5/5/2012 4:23:33 PM
I really don't think the cop is coming back on account of the headless thing. Dunno about Chet.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6KtaV.jpg
#4zeik56Posted 5/5/2012 4:39:43 PM
I think he means the black cop.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin. It's his twin brother!
#5_Chalky_WhitePosted 5/5/2012 4:45:29 PM
Refresh my memory. I don't recall a second cop.
---
#6zeik56Posted 5/5/2012 4:47:10 PM(edited)
He only shows up if you wait until night at the beginning. (And Chet gets zombied.)
---
#7_Chalky_WhitePosted 5/5/2012 4:51:28 PM
Oh, that explains why I didn't remember him. I only want to play this once until I finish all parts or else I might get caught up in trying to redo stuff to make it "better". I only quit and reloaded once, but that's because I didn't pick up on the connotations of a dialogue choice.

It was when the girl asks to go to the bathroom. Didn't figure "just go" was going to have me shout at the kid, and I felt like a monster.
---
#8zeik56Posted 5/5/2012 5:16:55 PM
Heh, the same happened to me, though I didn't reload.
---
#9aRealCoolGuyPosted 5/5/2012 11:42:32 PM

I stated this in another thread but I think most of the earlier decisions you make (i.e. day/night, babysitter/neighbor/someguy, lying to Hershel) are more of a tutorial and don't really have an effect later on in the game. This is just an assumption, of course, but Hershel said never come back, Shawn got offed and you left town so I doubt we'll see any of those 4 again. I think the first decisions that really "count" will be your relationship with Kenny and his family (including your choice between Shawn and Duck).

That being said, I think it would be cool if they brought back one of them and they react to you differently whether or not they met you before. I have a save with both paths (which is stupid 'cause I'll probably end up getting confused) so we'll see. Seriously, though... who would really choose to wait until dark when there's monsters running around all over the place?!

#10zeik56Posted 5/6/2012 10:11:34 AM
If you can find a safe place to hide out then waiting until dark would probably be more logical, since the zombies would have a harder time seeing you.
---