Did the beta convince you to purchase?

#1ZamboniGamerPosted 8/1/2012 6:04:07 AM
I came into the beta not know what to expect. After playing for a little I pre-ordered from amazon.
#2Hunter_mkPosted 8/1/2012 7:58:30 AM
Actually the opposite, not my kind of game for now
---
Why improve skills when you can buy them
#3LaytonmanPosted 8/1/2012 12:12:16 PM
i will probapplly get it when it comes out.
---
"Um... oh, it's Laytonman. Never mind. I was about to logic there for a second."-SpunkySix
#4SpacePirateKhanPosted 8/1/2012 2:28:34 PM(edited)
Actually, it was highly discouraging. The character/kart customization phenomenally sucks, and the track laying seemed to have the same annoyances ModNation Racers had.

To be fair, I'm still confident the full game will have a great track editor, but the character/kart customizing in particular sucks hard for a game that's the love child of LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers. And if we can't import our LBP2 costumes/DLC, it'll be all the more suck. If the racer customization isn't heavily fixed, I won't be buying this game until it's in the bargain bin.
---
"The best things in life must be taken by force!"
~Captain Khan
#5Chipmunk_SniperPosted 8/2/2012 12:13:45 PM
No . . . if the beta is/was the most current build or even ex-current (meaning there is a newer build but the one we got was before the most current) than definitely no. This game is a mess customization and create mode-wise, Gameplay is smooth and fun, I have no doubt in time with dozens of updates it'll be fine . . .though I won't be buying 1st day. I'll wait to see the general consensus of it. Honestly though, they should delay it and get it working properly.

And just like SpacePirateKhan, I've paid a ton of money on DLC for both LBP1&2, if they aren't transferable, then that's an even bigger hit for me to not buy.
---
PSN- ReVeR_364
I like shooting at stuff
#6bfist1stPosted 8/7/2012 8:42:05 AM
Yes, it did.
Great game so far, IMO.
Day 1 for me. See you there, TC.
---
=bRo=
ChronicAlly Whiskey India November
#7FreeRangersPosted 8/9/2012 10:49:38 AM
To me the beta seemed more like ModNation Racers to me (which was kind of expected since they are from the same company). But I was hoping that LBP Karting would be more like Mario Kart and less like ModNation. I can't really explain it but Mario Kart seems tighter and faster (more polished maybe?) than ModNation, so I got a lot more fun out of Mario Kart. So sadly I think LBP Karting will end up like ModNation where I play it for a couple of weeks and never touch it again, whereas with Mario Kart I still play that one often.
---
"An analogy is a thought wearing another thought's hat" - Britta Perry, Community
#8bfist1stPosted 8/9/2012 1:58:28 PM
For me,
..after hitting 9999 in MK,
I've totally lost interest in the game
'twas time for something new.
..after hitting lvl30 in MN and platinum the game..
I took a break from it.

Is anybody still playing MN?
I cant find xp-series/games recently..

If yes and you're interested,
add me
for some laps.
Playing the beta reminds me of all the fun I've had with MN..
Let's do it again until 11/09/12 :]
---
=bRo= PSN/GT : IPh1zt
..a coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once..
More topics from this board...
online codeps3rock12317/21 3:40PM