Does this game have 3D creating?

#1Orunitia9Posted 11/7/2012 3:19:35 PM
I don't mean as in creating a 3D track. I mean can you make objects (for use as scenery outside racetracks) that aren't limited to 3 planes like in LBP2?
---
So you've seen around 3000 evil Muslims on Fox News? There are 1.7 billion Muslims- that's 0.000176% of total Muslims. Disagree? Then let me know.
#2pipo_snake_jc3Posted 11/7/2012 3:28:36 PM
Yes.
---
PSN: Naruga418
#3Orunitia9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:24:36 AM
So it's presented in a way that if used in LBP2, you'd be able to make levels like Mario 64?
---
So you've seen around 3000 evil Muslims on Fox News? There are 1.7 billion Muslims- that's 0.000176% of total Muslims. Disagree? Then let me know.
#4pipo_snake_jc3Posted 11/9/2012 8:59:51 PM
Ummm pretty much, yeah. I mean you can't exactly just walk about in a custom level (not that we've found a way to do so, at least) but yes, you can recreate Mario 64 levels. Now that you mention it, it doesn't sound difficult at all. Just time-consuming.
---
PSN: Naruga418
#5Manlius10APosted 11/10/2012 7:30:10 AM
I am actually finding the object creation to be a little lacking. It works a lot like Little Big Planet only WITHOUT a corner editor. Once you complete a 2D shape/profile you can adjust its thickness. The completed object can than be rotated in all three dimensions. You can place a lot of unique objects together with multiple rotations to make a more 3D shape. The system works but isn't that great. It is like a simple CAD program without the ability to extrude it around an axis (to make spherical shapes) or extrude following a specific path. There is also no way to tweak the size of the 2D profile as it increases in thickness (to make cone like shapes).
---
My Modnation Tracks: Christmas in the City, Wildcard's Stadium, Drillbit's Construction Yard, Carey's Castle, Sacred Grove, Sailor's Point City and more!!
#6JKiiiPosted 11/10/2012 7:52:02 AM
Only thing you can do to make real 3D shapes like cones and such is put multiple shapes of materials onto each other. For example I made my own cone using several triangles rotated at 45 degrees followed by a circle at the cone end
---
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree