I miss the ****-a-doodle-doo.

#1DuckerdooPosted 11/9/2012 7:58:58 AM
You know, that rooster sound when collecting the final prize bubble in a level? When I hear that in LBP2, I stop looking for them. Without that sound effect, I'm basically looking for something that's not there.

PS: Apparently, a word used to refer to roosters is banned.
---
My favorite racing game:
http://tinyurl.com/d486ykh
#2SpacePirateKhanPosted 11/9/2012 6:09:48 PM
Banned words can also be formed between two separate words that are on separate lines.
For instance, if I typed:

LoL what a doof

then the next line was:

Again, this censorship is stupid.

The F in Doof and the Ag in Again would still count as a banned word, despite being on separate lines, unless there's a space between them. So... yeah... You can't type
T
ag

but you can type T ag. (T replacing the F because it's a banned word.)

Now to actually be on topic:
I loved that rooster sound. Is it really gone? D:
Not that it's a huge deal I guess, but it made that moment you collect everything feel special.
---
"Card Sagas Wars is one of the greatest fighting games of all time. Of all time!"
~Captain Khan
#3pipo_snake_jc3Posted 11/9/2012 9:02:34 PM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Banned words can also be formed between two separate words that are on separate lines.
For instance, if I typed:

LoL what a doof

then the next line was:

Again, this censorship is stupid.

The F in Doof and the Ag in Again would still count as a banned word, despite being on separate lines, unless there's a space between them. So... yeah... You can't type
T
ag

but you can type T ag. (T replacing the F because it's a banned word.)

Now to actually be on topic:
I loved that rooster sound. Is it really gone? D:
Not that it's a huge deal I guess, but it made that moment you collect everything feel special.

Um... yes and no. It's still in the game, but only when you're at the scoreboard and it tells you that you 100%'d it. Once you collect the last and final bubble in any track, the rooster will not crow. They... removed that sound. Another thing UFG did that irks me...
---
PSN: Naruga418
#4Ebak_the_catPosted 11/10/2012 5:47:16 AM
I thought if you paused and pressed square you can see the percentage of prize bubbles. I don't mind completeing the race on a replay to collect everything.

For the platforming LBP games the rooster call (damn you GFAQs!) makes sense since the levels are very large and the items well hidden, so you know when you have everything. For Karting..it's not as hard to find the objects (in my opinion) thus the sound is not really needed, although it will be missed.
#5captainjeff87Posted 11/10/2012 8:33:00 AM
Yeah I miss it too.

Although the prize bubbles are easy to spot I now have to keep on pausing and checking if I have 100% collected as opposed to just hearing the conformation sound. Kinda kills the action of the game.
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#6grzajabarkusPosted 11/10/2012 8:41:34 AM
Ya but it tells you how many prize bubbles you get. Just don't press start at the leaderboard screen.