So... How would you make an AI racer jump mid-race? >_>

#1SpacePirateKhanPosted 12/5/2012 11:25:30 PM(edited)
Yes, I'm going to flood this board with useless topics. Somebody has to! :3 (Honestly I'd like to read your random ramblings sometimes, too, whoever you are reading this. Lively boards are good boards.)

Anyway. Trying to teach my AI to jump on command. I have tag sensors and tags, and an actor brain telling him to Jump, but it seems to be failing. He reaches the pit and just drives straight down it like he lost a game of Chicken. (Or won, depending on how you look at it.) What would you guys suggest?

EDIT:
O. M. G. Somehow my tag sensor got set to Blue. I swear I turned it green when I placed it.
I knew the lack of colored logic would screw me! >_< He's still driving off that cliff like there's cake at the bottom, though.. But at least he randomly decides to jump when he sees other tags. XD He doesn't want to use the full jump height I set, though....
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#2JKiiiPosted 12/6/2012 1:15:48 AM
There's an actor gadget, and one option for it is making them jump, both stationary and moving with their speed. There's also a reset, and stop idle. There's also a follow, but that thing is a disaster been trying to get that to work but they basically drive around in random circles -_-
---
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
#3SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:00:20 AM
JKiii posted...
There's an actor gadget, and one option for it is making them jump, both stationary and moving with their speed. There's also a reset, and stop idle. There's also a follow, but that thing is a disaster been trying to get that to work but they basically drive around in random circles -_-

Well crap, I was hoping to use Follow to guide AI safely into narrow corridors lol. Maybe if we tweak it just right...
---
~Captain Khan
#4JkoolPosted 12/6/2012 6:02:44 AM
Wow...I need to learn a lot.
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#5SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 12:50:37 PM(edited)
Wish I could see his circuitboard while he was racing so I'd know if/when things aren't working.... Sometimes he jumps, sometimes he doesn't, and there's no logical reason why.

Old logic, I miss you. TT_TT

We also can't set the Sensor Angle Range of sensors now, so you can't sense a tag that's ONLY in a certain direction....

I may just have to have terrible/no AI in my track. >_>
---
~Captain Khan
More topics from this board...
online codeps3rock12317/21 3:40PM