Played the demo, do not understand the disappointment

#1TasteTheMerPosted 12/7/2012 2:00:21 PM
Yes yes, I understand the demo is simply a taste of what the game is. However, I do not understand why people are underwhelmed with this game. It seems like a fun kart game set in the LBP universe from short time I played it.

Can anyone explain this to me? I'm probably going to buy it just so that my 5yr old and I can enjoy another wonderful Sackboy game, but I really am quite curious to why everyone is disappointed. Thanks.
---
PSN ID: Ravek
#2o0o_Shadow_o0oPosted 12/7/2012 2:25:51 PM
I personally don't have any negative things to say about it, Overall it's a great game that the whole family can enjoy. I guess for some people it's just not their cup of tea....
#3SpacePirateKhanPosted 12/7/2012 2:34:47 PM(edited)
On the Surface Problems:
-Stickers don't apply to Sackboy worth crap. (Hopefully they'll fix, it's been a known problem since the Betas) Character customization as a whole doesn't live up to LBP or ModNation's standards.
-Single player racing against the AI is too luck-based, because
-Lack of ModNation's Drift Meter. Though, other than the Single Player, this is more of a taste preference than a flaw; if you like Mario Kart, you'll feel right at home here.

Under the Hood Problems:
-Many inconveniences with logic and material properties if you're coming from LBP2
-The game enjoys freezing periodically while creating.

Overall, though, it's a fine game, the positives outweigh the negatives, and it'd be a great game for a kid. And if you like Kart Racers, there'll be an endless supply of tracks online eventually. :3
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#4TasteTheMer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:40:12 PM
For the most part, that all sounds like stuff that can be patched (not trying to excuse the issues). It just bothers be that a number of sites are giving it a low score simply because its not Mario Kart. The low score doesn't bother me, but the fact they say stuff like its repetitive and not fun is bizarre IMO.

(Not trying to start a Nintendo/Sony war btw)
---
PSN ID: Ravek
#5SpacePirateKhanPosted 12/7/2012 2:58:13 PM
^That is bizarre. I find it non-repetitive and very fun, and that Sticker issue was a bigger disappointment for me than it would be for normal people. XD (I love costume making in LBP)

Even if they never patch these issues, I'd still highly recommend this game for any Kart Race fan. The game's fun to play, and it has the best Track maker ever - you can even make your own weapons to go with your tracks.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#6bfist1stPosted 12/8/2012 2:29:09 AM
LBPK's main issue is the absence of an active playerbase.
(This might change due to all the ads that we see all of a sudden.)

+ lack of a zoom function for Kart/Sack customization
+ freezing

..and it's still the best Kart Racer this generation.
By far.
---
=bRo= PSN: IPh1zt
100.1% TEAMwork. tRu story.
#7KoopaKingJr87Posted 12/22/2012 2:03:46 AM
Honestly I had more fun with the new sonic racing and it was 30 bucks cheaper. For me it's all about the sense of speed.
---
This Generation isn't bad. you're just getting old.
#8JkoolPosted 12/22/2012 8:05:24 AM
This game is more about creation. If you want to just race.....its ok but if you want to create......it is amazing.
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#9lastchancelemonPosted 12/22/2012 9:25:10 AM
There is nothing wrong with the karting, that is quite fun.

The problems lie with the online. Playing with friends is a very disjointed affair, with players having to rejoin each other after each race and matchmaking sessions failing etc.. It gets very frustrating very quickly.
#10ChatClairPosted 12/26/2012 11:49:33 AM
This game has been out for a month and a half and is still pretty new, of course it still has its problems here and there. Im pretty sure (Or atleast I hope) they'll fix more of these some issues in the future, like the freezing in creation mode, etc. So far its only had one patch, right? (Or maybe even two)

Im now downloading the game and have yet to play it. Im just going off on what I've seen people say. I played the demo, and its awesome.

I'll see in a few and see what's so "bad" about this game, other than that, it looks all pretty fun!