'Alphabet Avenue': Race and collect 3D letter objects from A - Z

#1nordwestPosted 12/11/2012 9:07:15 AM
Good 3D letter objects are rare and tricky in LBPK, so I've just created a new stylised race track with a carefully-crafted object typeface from A- Z that you can collect by letter to use in your own creations.

'Win' to collect an exclamation mark, 'Loot' to collect a question mark, and 'Star' the track to win a grouped full alphabet set for even easier 3D wordsmithing (Simply ungroup it and use Grid Snap to copy-type the words you want)

The race is called:

Alphabet Avenue

https://karting.lbp.me/v/2x5x

PSN: nordy66

Enjoy, feel free to post links to uses you find for the letters in your LBPK tracks. It'll be interesting to see!
---
beep
#2SpacePirateKhanPosted 12/11/2012 10:49:25 AM
Those look nice! I'll queue It for when I need letters and feel lazy.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#3AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 12/11/2012 4:25:24 PM
Cool!
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#4JkoolPosted 12/11/2012 5:47:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5JkoolPosted 12/11/2012 7:21:42 PM
Tried it....loved it! Great originality & great use of props!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#6AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 12/12/2012 12:06:26 PM
I got to play it. Did you use up alot of the thermometer? I'd suggest putting that circling "Alphabet Avenue" banner all over the place -- it was a really nice visual effect. Good track, too.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#7nordwest(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 3:04:50 AM
Thanks for the plays and feedback everyone, hope you got all the letters you'd like for your own things. Look forward to seeing some uses!

Demo-ing the 3D letters all over as words, banners, abstract shapes, jumps etc did really burn up the therm (pretty much to max) so alas the letter-roadsurface section got cut shorter than I'd wanted, dropped any opening cinematic, and the 'Lap 3 detour' became simpler than planned.

Interestingly I also noticed that the type of glass / concrete (forgotten the name) road / bridge and fence combo used up lots of therm too - which I didn't expect - thus some more distant banners are 2D photos / stickers of words instead.
---
beep