OK..I need help with lap triggered gates please!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. LittleBigPlanet Karting
  3. OK..I need help with lap triggered gates please!
3 years ago#1
I have invest hours upon hours to get lap triggered gates to work.

Sometimes they do...sometimes they dont. I get one to work...then I add another & that one does not. I move the sensors & have mixed results! I change lap numbers & it triggers early or not at all!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And worst is if I want to test it to trigger for the 3rd lap...I run the track & it does not work & I have to repeat it it again & again! HELP!

I use a fence with a hinge & a sensor.

What are the sensor settings i should use (all karts?) & where should I place the sensor? (near the start or by the gate?) and does 1 lap mean lap 1 or 2?

Thank You...this is driving me nuts!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
3 years ago#2
Its worth thinking about using the 'Sync + Pause' method instead (or the tag-triggered method if you have custom karts) - ?

I spent almost as much time on the lap-triggered barriers on 'Alphabet Avenue' as the letters themselves, yet still without a reliable result so used the 'Sync + Pause' method as an alternative and it seems to be fine.

To find ideal timings, playtest at a range of player speed / abilities with all features except the gates, then try playtesting again to tune the gate motors / pistons etc Sync and Pause settings. Remember to allow for player time through a gated section if you're also using an end gate, and include a moving / revealing bounce pad or jump to let them out just in case they still get trapped.

Perhaps the lap triggers are glitched or just temperamental - ? - I don't know. Another track of mine uses lap triggers to change track lighting / custom kart headlights etc and thats OK, but on repeat plays you can still notice some time variations even when consistently in 1st.
---
beep
3 years ago#3
Thank You for taking the time to reply. I am going to try your method next. If I fail on that...I am done with gates!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
3 years ago#4
I figured out what the problem was for the most part with the help of a friend. You must actually test race and not test track ( up on D pad ) if the sensor is set to over 1 lap.

I tried the sync method and it does indeed work and is simple. not sure which to use?
---
  1. Boards
  2. LittleBigPlanet Karting
  3. OK..I need help with lap triggered gates please!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived