How does it compare to something like mario kart?

#11snatchsnoopiePosted 1/26/2013 6:27:26 AM
MK7 is awesome and I'd actually agree that it's right up there with 64. I was really surprised with how great 7 is.
#12JKiiiPosted 1/26/2013 8:58:17 AM
Oh yeah sure, terrible gimmicks, all of the tracks are in no way memorable (and most are terrible), half of the unlockable characters were ones NOBODY wanted, while removing other favorite "traditional" characters. The WORST (and only awful) rainbow road in the series. No single player versus mode (64 is excused from this because it took till GBA till they finally had a system strong enough to support it, Double Dash is another terrible MK entry for also not doing this) and add the hardest difficulty in the series, that literally WILL NOT LET YOU achieve a 3 star file.

All of the above makes MK7 CLEARLY better than 64 /sarcasm
The ONLY good thing about MK7 is the decent selection of retro tracks and the long-awaited Leaf and Fire Flower powerups, but knowing Nintendo, we'll never see those 2 items again in a Mario Kart game.
Double Dash does a dang better job than MK7

Maybe if you 2 got your head out of your *** when playing MK7 you'd see that.
---
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
#13mahboiPosted 1/26/2013 9:29:56 PM
Oh yeah sure, terrible gimmicks, all of the tracks are in no way memorable (and most are terrible),

An opinion that pretty much no one agrees with you on.

half of the unlockable characters were ones NOBODY wanted, while removing other favorite "traditional" characters.

And it still includes everyone from MK64.

The WORST (and only awful) rainbow road in the series.

No. Just no.

No single player versus mode (64 is excused from this because it took till GBA till they finally had a system strong enough to support it, Double Dash is another terrible MK entry for also not doing this)

It doesn't matter if 64 had an excuse, it's still a flaw, so this is not a valid argument as to why 64>7.

and add the hardest difficulty in the series, that literally WILL NOT LET YOU achieve a 3 star file.

I got them all with relative ease. It's much harder in MKW.
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 54
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#14SuperShadowAcePosted 1/27/2013 5:56:57 PM
I'd recommend Sonic All Stars Racing transformed. It's much faster, has a ton of content, the tracks and music are amazing and the items aren't as cheap.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#15JkoolPosted 1/28/2013 12:17:26 PM
I wish you could build tracks in SASRT. It would be amazing!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#16josh1billionPosted 1/30/2013 5:41:19 PM(edited)
I'd say it's definitely much better than any of the recent Mario Kart entries. While it doesn't reinvent the kart racing genre, it does breathe some new life into it-- something Nintendo has failed to do for years.

Notably:
- creating/playing custom tracks
- customizable karts and racers
- more variety in gameplay modes
- better online play (with the party system and whatnot)
- the ability to defend against weapons (which removes *most* of that cheap randomness from which Mario Kart suffers)
#17Waver92Posted 1/31/2013 6:47:24 AM
JKiii posted...
IcyBlaze_XZ posted...
Nah, Mario Kart 7 is the best one since 64.

Please leave the internet

because no amount of insults to you is enough for that sentence.

Do not dare compare 64 with that trash

Geez its an opinion, calm down...

I think MK7 sucks too, but that's what I think.
---
Brawl FC: 5069-3752-2714 /3DS FC: 2964-8605-0439
Random Warning: HEAD FOR THE HILLS AND PUT YOUR ARMOR ON! THE FANBOYS ARE COMING!!!
#18ElDudorinoPosted 2/3/2013 3:19:04 PM(edited)
I love Mario Kart 7, better than most of the games in the series for me... though I'm still loyal to the original. One thing I hate about MK7 is that luck can figure heavily into a game because of some very cheap items, and LBPK has that same problem. I miss that in the original Super Mario Kart the items could help you out in a pinch here and there but never felt overpowered or cheap.

I just finished LBPK's offline 'campaign' today with my fiancee, and it's great to play with girls who like cute things because they can dress up their little sack buddy and turn him into a refreshing lemon drink or a biker turtle or a dapper little gentleman or what-have-you. There are lots of different types of levels, which is great for mixing things up. The weapons are a bit ridiculous but they're infinitely better than the weapons in ModNationRacers, at least. However, the driving controls about as well as any LittleBigPlanet game, which is to say that it isn't all that great and is prone to brokenness here and there.

Also, the difficulty makes no sense whatsoever; the majority of the game is exceptionally easy, but then there were two races late in the game where I found myself losing repeatedly and changed the difficulty down to Easy Mode only to lose some more, and through all of this I really found myself thinking I was doing everything right. In every other kart racing game I've played, I've been able to say to myself "Oh man, I can't believe I missed that shot" or "How did I screw up that turn?" or whatever, but in LBPK I really felt like it was just dumb luck that made me lose multiple times in a row on what should have been easy courses. Extremely frustrating compared to other kart racers I've played.

LBPK's strength is its variety and its "cuteness," but if you're serious about kart racers then you may want to look elsewhere. Now everybody is pushing Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed or whatever as being the new awesome kart game to play, so that might be the one to look into. I guess I'll find out before too long.
#19ElDudorinoPosted 2/3/2013 3:13:45 PM
I actually found the "battle" levels in LBPK to be surprisingly fun, though. So that's worth noting. I think I enjoy them more than the battle levels in recent Mario Kart games... though it might be a novelty thing that doesn't last long-term.
#20Waver92Posted 2/5/2013 7:57:18 PM
ElDudorino posted...

LBPK's strength is its variety and its "cuteness," but if you're serious about kart racers then you may want to look elsewhere. Now everybody is pushing Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed or whatever as being the new awesome kart game to play, so that might be the one to look into. I guess I'll find out before too long.

I played the demo, and I hate to say it but I didn't enjoy it as much as the other LBPs. I bet if Media Molecule had 100% involvement, it would be more fun because they are one magical second party company.

I have SASRT, but its not nearly as good as the first one IMO. It's suffering what most modern racing games suffer: wasted driving effort and random difficulty. At least the items aren't cheap.
---
Brawl FC: 5069-3752-2714 /3DS FC: 2964-8605-0439
Random Warning: HEAD FOR THE HILLS AND PUT YOUR ARMOR ON! THE FANBOYS ARE COMING!!!
More topics from this board...
online codeps3rock12317/21 3:40PM