Is it too late to get this game?

#1snake_dante44Posted 1/6/2013 12:27:20 PM
Idk why, but somehow I suddenly interested in playing this game. I've been playing Mario Kart and CTR (Crash Team Racing) when I was a kid. I sooo miss playing this kind of game... I just realize that I never had any karting game like Mario Kart and CTR since I first had PS3 in 2007 up until now, 2013.

But I'm wondering... is it too late to buy this game now? cuz it seems like this game has been out for a long time, and it seems like the online community is already dead. So it would be kinda boring playing this fun game alone.
#2JKiiiPosted 1/6/2013 4:25:20 PM
the game is better off for the side things, like the extra modes of diddy kong racing ds (track creation, battle mode etc)' except these don't suck hard. The default weapons, "normal" default difficulty, and online play such as matchups and stability are what killed the community.

LBPK should be treated as LBP3D not a Karting game if you want to enjoy it.

If you ask me the Karting genre gave its last breath with MKDS, it started dying a little after CTR (i know there were a 1 or 2 good karts after CTR but i can't think of any right now)
---
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
#3snake_dante44(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 6:30:59 PM
Hm.. well that's too bad, cuz this game actually looks really fun. It's a shame that it lacks the community. Well, I guess I'm gonna have to skip this game. Thx for the input btw :)
#4lxcainxlPosted 1/6/2013 7:24:41 PM
snake_dante44 posted...
... is it too late to buy this game now? cuz it seems like this game has been out for a long time,

It has been out for two months as of today. :)

As for online community, who knows.
It was made by the same folks who made Modnation Racing...
so practically none of the bugs have been patched nor do I seem them ever being fixed in the future.

Sadly, the online system appears to have the biggest bug in the game. :(
---
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Signatures are a waste of time and space; that is why I am leaving mine blank.
#5somebody336Posted 1/6/2013 8:44:11 PM
It's all right but what really gets me is the insane respawn time when you die. Other than that it's pretty fun and some guy already made alot of the levels from Mario Kart 64 :D
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php