The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why is this game so bad?

#1ManOfChapPosted 1/10/2013 11:59:13 AM
Not trying to troll but...

ModNations was Good
LittleBigPlanets was Great
add the two together
and we got Crap.

They need to just made a ModNations 2
---
MyWorld.eBay.com/1995z71
CoD is for little kids, BF is for grown ups.
#2pipo_snake_jc3Posted 1/10/2013 4:50:21 PM
What's so bad about it exactly? Besides the occasional freeze, I'm having fun with create mode.
---
PSN: Naruga418
#3ninjakrakenPosted 1/10/2013 5:37:03 PM
I think the game is great. There are things that need fixing (which probably could be fixed) but overall it is very fun.

Downsides include:
Freezing a lot, especially in create mode
Awkward menu system
Lack of good lobby system
Trophy and stat glitches
Losing stats if you update a level
Very small cycle of levels showing up in quick play/lobby options
Very small cycle of levels when selecting Dive In
Not able to join some games "for some reason" (seriously, what is this reason!?)

And then player created flaws such as:
Poor quality P4P levels that make finding good levels harder
Players quitting mid race, especially if you are winning

Despite all these flaws, the core game is excellent and it's because of the creativity. Unlike Modnation racers (which I also enjoyed) the create mode is incredibly diverse and once you grasp this mode you can end up with really unique and interesting tracks. It's quite amazing what you can actually do.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#4ManOfChap(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 10:19:20 PM
The game just isn't that fun at all. Can't really explain it.

Also the weapons/defense seem a little off.
---
MyWorld.eBay.com/1995z71
#5JkoolPosted 1/11/2013 10:51:51 PM
Honestly it is the track making that keeps my interest.....thats about it. Beat the story mode & got 100% of the goodies so not much else to do but build.

Again, I wish they had serious kart & mod customization!'
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#6pipo_snake_jc3Posted 1/12/2013 8:59:52 PM
ManOfChap posted...

Then maybe this isn't your kind of game. I'm having tons of fun with it. Wish I had more time to make everything I've already thought up.
---
PSN: Naruga418
#7arpantzPosted 1/14/2013 11:23:25 AM
I do a lot of couch co-op, so I was really disappointed. A lot of the cool features that made the LBP series awesome are absent in this installment.

Cons:
-Very few 3-4 player story levels. If your 3 friends are over and you want to progress in the game, the game automatically kicks 2 of them out on most levels.
-Cannot sign into multiple profiles. Your buddies are forced to play on your profile. No progress for them!
-Slow kart speed compared to other kart racers. Speed is configurable for custom levels, but most people leave it at default.
-Weapon system and default weapons aren't much fun. The majority of the weapons seem to be homing. There is no way to dodge homing weapons in this game, sadly, so your only option is to fire your own weapon to block it. But if a bunch of CPU players shoot at you at once, you'll block the first and get hit by the next. Call me nostalgic, but I like kart racers better when you at least have a chance to dodge homing stuff.
---
"Dying is awesome! All of the cool kids are doing it!" Hyperion Representative, Borderlands 2
#8Jon_GodPosted 1/15/2013 10:42:30 PM
I thought this was better than MNR, but only by a little.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#9JkoolPosted 1/16/2013 1:07:33 PM
Jon_God posted...
I thought this was better than MNR, but only by a little.

Really? How? Unless you mean track making then yes I agree. But NO kart or Character modding...BOO!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#10ManOfChap(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 2:43:35 PM
pipo_snake_jc3 posted...
ManOfChap posted...

Then maybe this isn't your kind of game. I'm having tons of fun with it. Wish I had more time to make everything I've already thought up.

I said in the 1st post I thought ModNations was a pretty Good game. I like Mario Kart as well. Theres just not a whole lot happening in this game.
---
MyWorld.eBay.com/1995z71