Found all prize packs. Looking for more?

#1Tyren3402Posted 1/15/2013 2:09:20 PM
So I have unlocked 100% of the items in this game. I love it. The game is super fun, and part of the fun is designing the sackboys/sackgirls and cars. I believe that the cars would probably need a patch or something, but what about the sackums.

I heard a rumor that if you have LBP2, it has more skins and customization that can be carried over to the karting game? Is this true, because if thats the case I'll buy LBP2 today for all the extra customization.
#2JKiiiPosted 1/15/2013 2:44:05 PM
all you get is a Balloon kart and unicorn costume if you have LBP1 or 2. And i'm not sure if it works on a save file already started. Because the message you get is more of a "Oh! You played a LIttlebigplanet title before! Here have this!"

you could always try downloading a save file of LBP1 and 2 and try it out (Maybe even try a new ps3 account with the save file and start a new LBPK file)
---
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
#3Tyren3402(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 6:05:39 PM
That's all you get? really?! that sucks. I was really hoping I could get those Marvel costume packs. Maybe even some of the other dlc packs they have for LBP1 and 2. But if it only goes off save files, theres no point in buying dlc for LBP1 and 2 if I can't use the costumes from that game.
#4JKiiiPosted 1/15/2013 8:32:07 PM(edited)
Tyren3402 posted...
That's all you get? really?! that sucks. I was really hoping I could get those Marvel costume packs. Maybe even some of the other dlc packs they have for LBP1 and 2. But if it only goes off save files, theres no point in buying dlc for LBP1 and 2 if I can't use the costumes from that game.

BUYING dlc for LBPK is a whole nother story (Your original post sounded like unlocking NOT buying)

LBP DLC is more like the cross-feature from Playstation All-stars or the upcoming Sly Cooper. In which when you buy one version you get the other version free (PS3 and vita)

Only in this case its LBP titles instead of systems. And DLC instead of whole games. So you would not need another LBP title to buy its DLC for the titles you have.

When you buy a pack/redeem a code for DLC for one game it is usuable on the other LBP titles for free. (LBP1, LBP2, LBPV, and LBPK). Usually this is done by going to the in-game store for you title and attempting to download a pack already bought on another game, only this time at the checkout it will be marked free.

There are certain restrictions you absolutly must know (the big one in bold)

1: This only applies to costumes in a DLC pack. Materials, Stickers, decorations, etc will only be avaiable on the original title the pack was made for.

2: None of the DLC made after LBP2 can be used in LBP1

3: Some DLC is not yet available to transfer but will be in the future. This includes most seasonal specials in LBPV and ALL DLC for LBPK. Yes thats right, currently NONE of the DLC can be transferred as of yet. Developers have said they are hoping to have something ready by the end of January.

4: Certain DLC will not be made availble on the newer titles due to licensing issues (No specific one has been confirmed so far but developers have said some will not make it)
---
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
#5Tyren3402(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 12:30:12 AM
Right on, thanks for that. Well then I at least have something to look forward to. Appreciate the response JKii.