are all kart builds the same?

#1nmbr1rascal4evaPosted 1/23/2013 10:04:32 PM
do different kart builds have an advantage over others? it may just be me but i feel like the hover build turns better?
---
PSN: zakrullah
#2pipo_snake_jc3Posted 1/23/2013 11:10:33 PM
Nope. No matter the combination, they will all have the same stats. No kart will have any sort of advantage over the next.
---
PSN: Naruga418
#3streetfighter76Posted 1/24/2013 6:07:20 PM
This issue is one of the things that makes this game boring; sure you can customize your kart in many different ways but when you race them, all your creations feel the same.

Quite the contrary when talking about Mario Kart; there's a lot of strategy involved in picking the right kart for you, and sometimes you need to use different vehicles to make the most out of a particular track.

This game could had been great but it feels rushed and incomplete; there's simply no point in getting it if you already have Mario Kart Wii.
The same goes for Mod Nation Racers...
#4JKiiiPosted 1/24/2013 6:53:02 PM(edited)
streetfighter76 posted...
This issue is one of the things that makes this game boring; sure you can customize your kart in many different ways but when you race them, all your creations feel the same.

Quite the contrary when talking about Mario Kart; there's a lot of strategy involved in picking the right kart for you, and sometimes you need to use different vehicles to make the most out of a particular track.

This game could had been great but it feels rushed and incomplete; there's simply no point in getting it if you already have Mario Kart Wii.
The same goes for Mod Nation Racers...

You can change the kart stats for your own levels, even individually per player.

I am glad they didn't do kart builds for this and modnation. Because you are at the mercy of the game when in a group because you don't know what track you'll wind up at next. You could be in a group and they decide to all vote on a track your kart is terrible at, just to get on your nerves or payback for using that weapon on them in the last race. In a mario kart you know what to expect because theres only 20 some tracks. Kart builds should not exist for user-generated games with an infinite amount of tracks to race on
---
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
#5nmbr1rascal4eva(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:16:52 PM
thats really a shame. they couldve been creative. given base stats to all carts and then given extra points to tweak it the way you like. Modnation did something similar, but it was limited to altering a meter.
i tell you game developers are cutting corners everywhere. it sucks. its too bad MMA didnt work on this. i think it wouldve been so much better.
---
#6chadchu1Posted 1/25/2013 11:12:46 AM
Different stats for different karts just means everyone would be forced to use the same crappy-looking kart that outperforms the others. Look at Mario Kart DS. Yoshi eggs, vacuums, & dry bombers ever. Lucky for me, the dry bomber is my favorite kart in every way.
---
"lol mad and in denial, Linetrix is gaurenteed to be no older than 17"-GoombaX Hypocrisy at it's finest.
#7nmbr1rascal4eva(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:36:32 PM
the ability to tune a car would allow everyone to tweak a car to their desires.
currently everyones using the same crappy car, just with a different look to it.
---
#8UrBabysGtRabiesPosted 1/27/2013 6:55:58 PM
While I can understand that it feels like this makes it boring, but the way I see it, is that there is no game breaking kart that can be exploited.

Neither vets who have all the karts, or beginners on their first race have an advantage. Everyone can customize their Sacks and Karts and always be on an even playing field. This game all boils down to the player, and I like that.
---
PSN: UrBabysGtRabies
#9streetfighter76Posted 1/28/2013 5:12:19 AM
^^^ If you are THAT afraid to lose, you can always use bikes in Mario Kart Wii, like all ppl do online AND use that boring bimbo (Daisy) or Funky Kong; but 3/4 (or more) of all those lame players still lose on a regular basis 'cause they simply don't have what it takes.

BUT what if you want to have some casual fun with your friends and they are not as good as you or to be more specific they SUCK! at racing games? 0_o
I love to show off with them by using a slow kart and still win in MK Wii and that's the beauty of that game; it gives something to everybody, including the ones who want an interesting challenge.

Your logic sounds as bad to me as the one used by many mediocre players in the Fighting Games "community" who think that the only way that a fighting game can be "good" is if it's "balanced"... What a load of crap! >_>
#10mignoncurieuxPosted 1/28/2013 2:30:32 PM
I don't care about too much about the karts being the same since when I played Mario Kart wii I typically used the same kart over and over, the one that I was used to and the one that I was comfortable and good with.
---
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n116/sickoftheotherme/kitten_brains.jpg