Looks like the update corrupted my save...

#1lewa_kalPosted 2/20/2013 1:51:05 AM
I had everything 100% complete. Performed the update, downloaded some costumes, then lost connection to the game servers. Reconnected to game servers to download more of my costumes, but it wouldn't let me, so I quit to XMB and rebooted the game. Now it tells me that my save is corrupted, and I have lost all progress in story mode, save for some mysterious 25% completions, but it doesn't include any of the goodies. The weird part is my sackboy and kart remained how I left them. The corruption only affected my story progress. Any way to fix this? Maybe a 100% save I can get my hands on somewhere?
---
XBL Gamertag: Lewa Kal
PSN ID: Lewa_kal
#2AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 2/20/2013 11:51:49 AM
This happened to me, too. Luckily it didn't seem to delete any of my levels on My Moon, but I'm severely limited in the number of materials I can choose from now. I'm probably just going to buy the "Time Savers" pack and be done with it.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#3JKiiiPosted 2/20/2013 4:12:34 PM
While it is a miracle your saved customization stuff (Levels, costumes etc) is safe during a save corruption, its actually SO much worse.

Your levels and such is actually saved under game data (You know the installation you did when you first put in the game, also holds patch data and such.) This data CANNOT be transferred. In short, if you PS3 goes kaput...
---
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
#4AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 2/20/2013 9:38:40 PM
I've found that everytime I've re-loaded the game, the game acts as if I've turned the game on the for the first time. It makes me do the race tutorial, plays extra intro stuff, and the narrator explains everything as if I hadn't been playing since the launch date. I did get the timesaver pack so all of my materials are back.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#5ConfusedCartmanPosted 2/22/2013 11:29:09 AM
Hi guys - I'm the Community Manager for LBP Karting, and I just wanted to drop in and provide some information about what's happening.

Our latest patch (v1.10) enabled a feature we call the "Magic Moment". Essentially, it's designed to automatically detect and queue the costume DLC you're entitled to, so you don't have to do it yourself. However, for a very small number of users (7-8 so far), it can overwrite your save data.

To ensure this doesn't continue to happen, we've temporarily disabled the feature. If you have a copy of your old save on hand, you can recover it now and it should no longer be overwritten by the game.

You can still download Cross-Compatible DLC too, you just have to do it yourself - the game won't detect it automatically until we issue a fix in our next patch.

Again, we apologize for the problems you're running into. Thank you to all who reported the bug - it really helped nail down how and why it was happening. :)
#6THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/24/2013 3:16:49 PM
Here another issue.....My save that I have with the physical game isn't working with my digital copy. I don't wanna have to do story mode twice.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
More topics from this board...
online codeps3rock12327/30 8:30AM