Questions regarding comparisons to the first game.

#1NewShirePosted 11/25/2012 9:18:32 PM(edited)
Can you return to previous areas in case you miss an item? It was annoying in the first game that if you missed an item the game would autosave so you couldn't reload, and it wouldn't let you go back to get the item.

Are the moral choices as arbitrary as in the first game? The other aggravating thing about the first game was that I always tried doing the 'good' thing, but there were a few choices that did a terrible job informing you about what is the right choice. Then you'd hear about how much of a jerk you are from all the characters in the game.

I know that the camera problems and general clunkiness still remain from the first game, but that stuff actually didn't bother me too much. It was the story/quest problems that really got on my nerves. I appreciate having choices in games, just tell me what I need to know so I can make an informed decision.
#2Hayato NekketsuPosted 11/25/2012 10:32:39 PM
NewShire posted...
Can you return to previous areas in case you miss an item? It was annoying in the first game that if you missed an item the game would autosave so you couldn't reload, and it wouldn't let you go back to get the item.

Yes, now you can use the theater to warp to projectors between worlds. Costs you tickets unless you found that particular projector's reel inside the stage. The very first part of Rainbow Caverns doesn't have a projector though, so you have to take the long way to return to it. Off hand I can't think of any areas other than the very start (Mickey's house, Yin Sid's domain, Dark Beauty Castle) that you can't return to eventually. None of those have anything missable asides from challenge/achievements/trophies/whateveryouwanttocallthem.

Are the moral choices as arbitrary as in the first game? The other aggravating thing about the first game was that I always tried doing the 'good' thing, but there were a few choices that did a terrible job informing you about what is the right choice. Then you'd hear about how much of a jerk you are from all the characters in the game.

Yes, it still has those instances where it appears you are doing the right thing, only to have the game slap you and complain that what you did wasn't a wise choice after the fact. To rub it in, sometimes even Oswald, Gus, or another 'hero' type of NPC will tell you how to do the bad choice instead of the good one, then they will get on your case afterward.
#3atryeuPosted 11/25/2012 10:32:52 PM
I'm not very far in yet but so far I have been able to bounce in and out of most projectors multiple times looking for goodies. The only time I got blocked out of entering one again was right before a boss fight.

As for choices I can't help much since I'm not very far in (I don't think) yet. I've just recently started "Episode 2". Not sure how long the game is and don't particularly want to know.... I hate cheating :P LoL

Hope it helps! So far it is a fun game. The camera issues are still horrible and I can't really comment on how the stories compare yet. There are a lot of quests and extra things to do besides following the main story, so I've been busy wasting time looking for hidden things. The only thing right now that I really don't like are the new voices. I think that was better the other way in the 1st game. Gus just doesn't sound right LoL
#4Phasmatis92Posted 11/27/2012 5:53:48 AM
May I ask in comparison to the first game:

- Is the camera improved?
- Are the graphics better/worse/the same?
- Is the music better/worse/the same?
---
The hissy fits about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive is a sad testament to how entitled, rude, and childish gamers today can be. It makes all gamers look bad.
#5Samuel_AranPosted 11/28/2012 10:02:59 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...

-About the same from what I've seen
-About the same
-I think the selection of music used/created for this game is better, but at this point it's opinion based.

Also, one thing I will point out, for the Penny Arcade, you do need to get both paint and thinner pins from each boss it seems, BUT you CAN do it on a single playthrough as any missed one-time-only pins can be bought from the Pin Trader in Mean Street North. Used it to get the Thinner pin from the first boss as I'm trying my best to do a paint-only path.
#6Phasmatis92Posted 11/30/2012 6:47:27 PM
Samuel_Aran posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...

-About the same from what I've seen
-About the same
-I think the selection of music used/created for this game is better, but at this point it's opinion based.

Thanks..
It's a shame about the camera, but I liked the first game's music and graphics so that's good news.
---
The hissy fits about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive is a sad testament to how entitled, rude, and childish gamers today can be. It makes all gamers look bad.