How in the %$#& Do you get Clarabelle to be Horace's Assistant?!?

#1Hedgehog MasterPosted 11/29/2012 5:43:40 PM
I swear I've done every thing talked to everyone and im out of Ideas. Gus being the A-hole he is wont let me give horace the stupid note! Also have no idea how to find that pirate's compass without hurtin that guy to get it cause if you do horace will get mad at you!!
aaghh game is too vague on some these quests.

oh and beware if you steal the shopkeepers pearl you'll never be able to shop there again meaning you can miss some items.
---
ah skitty j00
#2atryeuPosted 11/29/2012 10:07:16 PM
I'm stuck on that too. I came back after I apparently finished the story missions (talk about pretty easy and a bit disappointing there), but no change afterwards. I finished Clarabelle's little mission also but no luck on it :(

I'm stuck on the photographs for the girl in Bog Easy too (I forget her name.. Melanie, or something?). There were 2 listed that require you to get back towards the Fort again but it won't let me back there again, but I only got the quest after it blocked from me going back there, so there has to be a way to get back there again but I can't get past Blot Alley :(

Also stuck on the Toon part in Bog Easy. I've painted in everything I can see in all the areas I can get to around Bog Easy but the dumb guy keeps telling me I missed something LoL
#3KcrackPosted 11/30/2012 12:44:07 AM
atryeu posted...

Also stuck on the Toon part in Bog Easy. I've painted in everything I can see in all the areas I can get to around Bog Easy but the dumb guy keeps telling me I missed something LoL

Make sure you paint literally everything. Took me ages but I missed a part of a tree in the first area. Make sure all the buildings are painted too.
---
Now celebrating 11 years at GameFaqs. Woo.
#4atryeuPosted 11/30/2012 10:24:57 AM
Kcrack posted...
atryeu posted...

Make sure you paint literally everything. Took me ages but I missed a part of a tree in the first area. Make sure all the buildings are painted too.

Paintable trees? They aren't the ones with the "knothole secrets" are they? I did paint those back in after I got them. I figured I'm going to have to just thin everything out and start over from beginning and paint it all back in and try again.

I am curious though and it has me wondering if there's some spots thinned out elsewhere. On the map view for Bog Easy at the area with the whirlpool, if you turn on Points of Interest on the map, it shows another spot around the whirlpool where there's a single store, but I can't figure out how to get to it. It's blocked by a bunch of trees that can't be thinned and I can't find another way in there. I keep thinking my missing spots are over there that need painted.

About Horace.... anybody try giving the letter to the museum yet? I keep thinking about it but figured that was how Horace would see the letter and ruin the chances for getting Clarabelle for that quest. I'm starting to wonder if that's what needs to be done though.
#5nintenmousePosted 11/30/2012 12:18:12 PM
Let's get back to the Horace Assistant Quest or whatever it's called.
I'm stuck on this one too.
#6Hayato NekketsuPosted 11/30/2012 3:54:34 PM
The toon paint thing at Bog Easy that was eluding me was one of the rooftop sections in the second part after the whirlpool had a hidden nook that I thinned out at the start and forgot about painting back in. I don't think it's visible from street level, so you have to climb back up on the roofs to make sure you got it all. There's also a plaque inside that door in the graveyard that needs painting in.

As for Clarabelle, I can't figure it out either.
#7KcrackPosted 11/30/2012 10:01:58 PM
atryeu posted...
Kcrack posted...
atryeu posted...

Paintable trees? They aren't the ones with the "knothole secrets" are they? I did paint those back in after I got them. I figured I'm going to have to just thin everything out and start over from beginning and paint it all back in and try again.

I am curious though and it has me wondering if there's some spots thinned out elsewhere. On the map view for Bog Easy at the area with the whirlpool, if you turn on Points of Interest on the map, it shows another spot around the whirlpool where there's a single store, but I can't figure out how to get to it. It's blocked by a bunch of trees that can't be thinned and I can't find another way in there. I keep thinking my missing spots are over there that need painted.

About Horace.... anybody try giving the letter to the museum yet? I keep thinking about it but figured that was how Horace would see the letter and ruin the chances for getting Clarabelle for that quest. I'm starting to wonder if that's what needs to be done though.

That "shop" is on top of the ship in the whirlpool, you have to thin the roof.
---
Now celebrating 11 years at GameFaqs. Woo.
#8Hedgehog Master(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 3:39:00 PM
well looks like thats been settled thanks to a youtube comment-
"Good news everyone! I know how to make clarabelle Horace's assistant. When you talk to the pirate about his compass. take a picture of Pat with the compass from a distance. he'll see that you caught him, he'll give you the compass, and you need to go straight to Horace and talk about it. then he'll say that he wants clarabelle, but dont forget to give him the spatter thank you note, after you helped clarebelles' spatter. then explore a bit, then comeback and see clarebelle with horace."

honestly dont know how they were expecting us to figure that out with no hint to use the camera.
---
ah skitty j00
#9nintenmousePosted 12/2/2012 11:57:17 AM
Hedgehog Master posted...
well looks like thats been settled thanks to a youtube comment-
"Good news everyone! I know how to make clarabelle Horace's assistant. When you talk to the pirate about his compass. take a picture of Pat with the compass from a distance. he'll see that you caught him, he'll give you the compass, and you need to go straight to Horace and talk about it. then he'll say that he wants clarabelle, but dont forget to give him the spatter thank you note, after you helped clarebelles' spatter. then explore a bit, then comeback and see clarebelle with horace."

honestly dont know how they were expecting us to figure that out with no hint to use the camera.

Can you explain that more thoroughly ?