The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Help With Perfectionist Play Through

#1thejoecoolPosted 1/8/2013 1:42:03 PM
Hey i have two big questions for my play through

In the quest "Watch The Skys" Where are the Item(s) you can miss? on my first play through i missed the 2nd item i believe and i could not go back for it.

Also if i sell those items to the museum does it double up for the one toons trash? or do those items not count towards that quest?

Thanks For the Help.
---
90% of teens today would die if facebook was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
#2thejoecool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 2:05:01 PM
Oh yeah also the projector you can miss is the Floatyard invisible ink projector right?
---
90% of teens today would die if facebook was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
#3katydidddPosted 1/8/2013 2:38:09 PM
It is possible to get all 16 film reels and 5 DECs.

FLOATYARD FILM REEL: In Wonderland, if you do the invisible ink, and go through the balcony projector, you can come back, later, and destroy the house, and enter the other projector.
If I miss getting through the balcony about 7 times, the mushroom and bird head are out of sync. So, I take the turnstile down and up and fight the monsters again. And, try for a half hour.

Even though I am playing alone, I find it easier to turn on Oswald and move him away from the invisible ink -- otherwise, I bounce off him when I get out of the ink, or he jumps on me, or he respawns in front of me on the bird head, etc.
For me, it is easier to play with half a screen than to deal with Oswald.
Then, when I make it to the screen, I turn the co-op play off, and he materializes by me.
*** REMEMBER, WHEN YOU GET TO THAT SCREEN, to spin the gear so both heads are on the left side. If you miss that film reel, you will never get a chance to go through that 2-D cartoon again.
- - - -
YOU ASKED: In the quest "Watch The Skys" Where are the Item(s) you can miss? on my first play through i missed the 2nd item i believe and i could not go back for it.

I RESPOND: During the first boss fight, I missed the lunch box. There was absolutely no way to go back and get it. It just isn't there!!!
Others have commented on it, too.
I was busy painting, and getting Oswald to power up the boxes, and, even in later games, when I knew where it was, and was dropping watch sketches as often as possible, it was too difficult to get. Because, if you leave the fight, the dragon thins the roof supports, drops the roof on his head, and you get a thinner result. Bummer!
- - - - -
Also, when I got into my first game, I realized that I had missed painting a star -- because some of the stars would attack me if I painted them. So, having played EM1, I was thinking I could go all the way back. No luck. I had to start another slot -- and eventually delete that game.
- - - -

YOU WROTE: Also if i sell those items to the museum does it double up for the one toons trash? or do those items not count towards that quest?
I RESPOND: For quests and challenges, it does not matter which path you take to the completion -- as long as you do not mix them up. If you give one item to one person, give them all.
BUT, the "sky" items do not count toward "One Toon's Trash".

I have listed my "Trash" on several Gamespot and Gamefaqs posts.
Or, if you want, I can give them to you again. Just don't part with anything, unless you know you can get more.
- - - -
I don't know how muddled my answer is. If you want more, just ask.
#4thejoecool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 2:56:07 PM
ok thanks for such a detailed responce! one more thing though... can i just log a 2nd controller and play as oswald? or does oswald have to throw you somewhere?
---
#5katydidddPosted 1/8/2013 4:58:12 PM
You can't play much as Oswald, because he can't paint, and can't open doors or tell the gremlin to operate a balloon...but go ahead and see his limit.
- - - - -
For other gameplay,
I am a single player, and I got the Co-op Castle and CLEAR! tasks.
Oswald never has to throw you anywhere, even if ever-present Gremlin Gus says you cannot make it across or up without Oswald.

The only time I had to work two controllers at the same time was to turn a castle turnstile -- pressing A on two controllers, and pressing the move joystick -- without having the B squirt paint.

Just turn on Oswald, and move one at a time.
- - - -
CLEAR! is what EMTs say when using a defibrillator. When I get to Mean street, I go into co-op mode. I move Oswald away from other players. Then, I have Mickey thin him into a puddle, then paint him. The game will say I got the Clear award, for reconstituting him. But, keep checking your awards, like go into and out of the underground, to make sure it is saved, and stays saved.
- - - - -

Another time I needed two controllers at the same time was playing the DEC manhole from the Floatyard to Fort Wasteland. (I got from the Fort to the Floatyard using paint on the ink splatters and slobber, and used the projector screen. BUT, it is really hard to take the DEC going back.

I wouldn't have been able without the support of others on the Gamespot and Gamefaqs sites, who said Oswald could make it over the wooden gate!!! So, I put one remote on the floor, pressing the "call Oswald" button (minus for Wii). And, I simultaneously ran and jumped up and bounced, and made it over -- in only a half hour!!!
- - - -
#6katydidddPosted 1/8/2013 5:14:46 PM
thejoecool wrote: "can i just log a 2nd controller and play as oswald? "

DISNEY LIED TO YOU when they said you could play as Mickey or Oswald. Most of us have played games where we could choose our character or customize him.
In EM2, you can only sometimes do certain things as Oswald and go through an entire game as Oswald, if you get someone else to be Mickey and play in co-op mode.

Otherwise, you can activate Oswald and do some things with him, but then you have to put down his controller, and use Mickey's controller.
- - - -
Often, I will activate Oswald, move him out of the way, and lay down his controller,so he doesn't mess things up. Then, I unactivate his controller when I am done getting Mickey to do the chore.

You can activate Oswald, and set down the Mickey controller, while Oswald gets goodies -- like in the Mad Doctor's attic, where he has lost a lot by bouncing in thinner.
- - - -
But, Disney's advertisements lead you to believe that you can play the game as Oswald -- which just isn't true.