The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Issues with some side quests

#1littlecatlostPosted 1/20/2013 11:49:47 AM
After reaching the epilogue of my first playthrough, I found a lot of problems completing a few of the side quests in the game. I was going for a paint path playthrough.

1. Goofy's Fountain Mishap: I'm just plain confused about how this quest works in general. Like what choices can be made and what rewards can be earned. When I did it, I went down to the second level and repaired the various pipes to drain the thinner further, then I found a couple statue pieces and sent them through the chute. I then went down to the third and final level and found the two statue heads. When I went up to talk to Goofy again he asked me which head to use and I told him Mickey since I was going that way in the "Finding the Hidden Heroes" quest (another one I had trouble with) and wanted the statue/garden to match to complete one of the challenges. When I went back, the statue was finished, with Mickey's head, all except for one of the legs being missing. I kept going down below the statue over and over, looking for any statue pieces I might have missed, but never found any. Also, I was never able to finish the quest because every time I talked to Goofy, he just said "That ain't the head I remember..." and that was it. No pin, no completion confirmation.

Funny thing is, Moody still accepted the picture of the broken Mickey statue for the "Thanks for the Memories" quest. *shrugs*

2. Finding the Hidden Heroes: As I said, I had problems with this one too. For one, there are a few that I couldn't get to register no matter where I stood (particularly the one behind Ortensia's house). But that wasn't a big deal since I know you don't need all of them to complete the quest. Going through the game, I was clearly turning in more Mickeys than Oswalds. But the NPC, Seth, never changed his garden. By the time I got to the Epilogue, I still couldn't complete the quest because he would continue to just tell me to "Keep looking."

3. Horace's Assistant Assistance: I tried to get Clarabelle for Horace's assistant. I did what not only the Prima guide, but the IGN wiki guide also suggested and talked to Clarabelle to turn in the flower costume for the Spatter and get the note from her. I went back to Horace, but he just kept giving the same line about being too shy to ask her and Gus telling you to just hang onto the note and come back later. I kept trying, but even into the Epilogue, I'm still getting the same line. I even finished Clarabelle's branch of the "Clothes Make the Spatter" quest and still nothing changed. In the ending, he was alone and sighing sadly to himself instead of being happy with Clarabelle like I wanted to see.

4. Clothes Make the Spatter: Not really a problem, just something weird I noticed. Normally with this game's quests, if you follow one branch, the other is closed to you. I completed Clarabelle's branch of the quest, but when I went back to Blot Alley, Ghost Ian still offered his branch and I was able to complete it. Weird, but I wasn't complaining. :P

I really hate that there isn't a New Game+ option in this game like there was in the first Epic Mickey game. I suppose the only way to complete your pin collection is to buy the ones you missed from the pin shop.
#2katydidddPosted 1/20/2013 1:09:05 PM
Question 3 & 4:
Yes, you can get costumes for both Clarabelle and Ghost Ian -- and take them to the Museum to do "One Toon's Trash" of 20 items, and buying them back at a 50% markup.

I discuss the Clarabelle problem on the same page as I saw your post, on Gamespot, although you probably posted it on GameFaqs.

http://www.gamespot.com/disney-epic-mickey-2-the-power-of-two/forum/quest-getting-horaces-assistant-to-be-clarabelle-65206702/
#3katydidddPosted 1/20/2013 1:18:40 PM
Your Question 1 -- Goofy's Fountain Mishap --
There is no second leg -- until all your other quests and challenges are complete, and you pay the gremlin in the Gag Factory to complete both statue heads, for the Heroes of Wasteland statue.

Sometimes there are weird things to do -- defised by the mean-spirited people who made the game.

If you got any statue on the fountain, and talked with Goofy, the quest should show up as complete in your quest list (Pause menu, shift pages to the Quest Menu). Have you gone into Mickey's house?
In the Quest Menu, sometimes you can click on the big rectangle with the quest's name, and it will show where you are toward completing the quest.

The game has glitches.

Someone else might be able to help you at the main forum
http://www.gamespot.com/disney-epic-mickey-2-the-power-of-two/forum/
#4katydidddPosted 1/20/2013 1:30:27 PM
Your question 2 about Hidden Heroes is answered at

http://www.gamespot.com/disney-epic-mickey-2-the-power-of-two/forum/heads-up-achievement-29337031/

Because Hidden Heroes is necessary in order to get Heads Up.

Go into your pause menu, turn to the quest page, then click on the rectangle that says Hidden Heroes. It will show you where you are in the quest. (a green circle with a check means it is completed, a yellow circle with a check means you have all the photos but need to do a turn in to Seth; a circle with dots means you have started but not completed that quest. The hero that you are not doing should only have empty circles, but you may be able to get away with a mistake.)

There are 3 episodes, with 3 distinct episode areas, culminating in a boss. Additionally, there is the area of Meanstreet and Undergrounds.

You can only get Seth's Episode 1 requirements from the Episode 1 area of OsTown to First Boss AND the wildcard area of Meanstreet and Undergrounds.

The trouble is that if you took too many photographs from Meanstreet for episode 1, you will run out of Heroes in that area for the episode 3 rrequirement -- and you cannot take episode 3 requirements in episode 1 or 2.

Another glitch seems to occur if you start taking pictures willy-nilly, without deciding which hero you want -- and not taking the other.
#5katydidddPosted 1/20/2013 1:40:52 PM
You wrote:
"I really hate that there isn't a New Game+ option in this game like there was in the first Epic Mickey game. I suppose the only way to complete your pin collection is to buy the ones you missed from the pin shop."

Dream on -- You know that Prima Guide and IGN did not play the game, and did not give you accurate truth about Clarabelle being Horace's Assistant. This is because Prima says they got their info from Disney.

Similar to their lies about playing, are their lies about getting pins. Warren Spector stated that you can get all the pins in one runthrough. He said, "It's difficult, but completely possible!" You know that that is a lie, because the Autotopia Quest is not even possible until after the credits have run. Many pins cannot be acquired until the Epilogue, after the last boss, the ending scene, and the credits.

There are many pins you cannot buy. Sometimes, if you complete one path of a task, and receive that pin, then, the pin for the other path becomes available. But, you cannot count on buying the pins you do not get.

And, you cannot count on Disney to tell the truth.
And, you know that nobody from Prima or IGN actually played the game and did the things that they say are possible.
#6littlecatlost(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 4:10:01 PM
Thanks a lot for your help. I think I may have some ideas about where I might have gone wrong.

I probably should have told Goofy to use the Oswald head instead of the Mickey head. The gremlin in the gag shop never even offered to build the other statue. He asked for lots of scrap metal, but it was for repairing the Ostown sign which is required for part of Moody's quest. Goofy's quest is oddly checked as complete even though I wasn't given a reward and Goofy still has the exclamation point over his head and is still saying that ain't the head he remembers.

Seth never even offered the third part of the Heroes quest. I checked and the third circle on the Mickey side is actually blank. The Oswald side is missing both the second and third circles. I probably made a mistake of taking too many pictures of both characters. On my next playthrough, I'll be much more careful and I'll stick with Oswald only and not take any Mickeys at all.

By missed pins, I mean the ones you are forced to pass up based on choices. Like choosing one quest branch over the other or beating a boss with paint or thinner. Supposedly, you can get them from the pin trader in those black bags. After all, you do need both boss pins to repair the arcades and complete that quest. Even the one guide that currently exists here on Gamefaqs says that it is possible to get all pins on one playthrough.
#7katydidddPosted 1/20/2013 5:55:03 PM
Everything sounds fine with your game.
The only question you seem to have is about the Hidden Heroes, which seems to be going okay.

You wrote: "Seth never even offered the third part of the Heroes quest. I checked and the third circle on the Mickey side is actually blank. The Oswald side is missing both the second and third circles. I probably made a mistake of taking too many pictures of both characters. On my next playthrough, I'll be much more careful and I'll stick with Oswald only and not take any Mickeys at all."

You may make it through. Are the two circles for Mickey's path green with checks inside them? Then, you can let Seth jerk you around, more, and start photographing more Mickeys from the Episode 3 area and Wildcard area -- Ventureland through last boss, Mean Street, and Undergrounds. Hopefully, you will have enough left in the Wildcard area.

Maybe it will still work.
But, you may have to play the game again, when you go after the "One Toon's Trash" and other quests that take a lot of premeditation.

You know, with the Wii, that you cannot get all the challenges in one game slot (You have to choose between repairing or not repairing the Train Stations). And, if you choose, Bertrand the Magician, you cannot get Metanie's photos.

Then, there is the penalty for painting all the telephone boxes before you get that part of the Three Little Pigs' Quest.
And, if you spin all of Bertrand the Magician's Hats before you see him in the shop, you do not get the trophy.

The makers of this game are mean-spirited. .
#8littlecatlost(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:11:06 PM
I'm kinda confused about the "One Toon's Trash" quest. I've been told by several sources that once you sell a quest item to Laralee for the quest, you can buy it back and still use it for the quest it was intended for. I just sold her the melted ice cream (prior to fixing Paulie's air conditioner) and the tube part (is this the part 79-B I've heard about?). I bought the tube part back (the melted ice cream seems otherwise useless) but the counter on the quest subscreen went down, as it discounted the part I just bought back. How is it still possible then to complete both Laralee's quest and all of the others that require unique items, such as "Watch the Skies"?
#9katydidddPosted 1/21/2013 3:52:19 PM
You wrote:
I'm kinda confused about the "One Toon's Trash" quest. I've been told by several sources that once you sell a quest item to Laralee for the quest, you can buy it back and still use it for the quest it was intended for. I just sold her the melted ice cream (prior to fixing Paulie's air conditioner) and the tube part (is this the part 79-B I've heard about?). I bought the tube part back (the melted ice cream seems otherwise useless) but the counter on the quest subscreen went down, as it discounted the part I just bought back. How is it still possible then to complete both Laralee's quest and all of the others that require unique items, such as "Watch the Skies"?

1) The items for "Watch The Skies" are from a completely different world, and a completely different quest. Although you can take them to the Museum, you cannot get double credit.
Those items must be taken to either the Museum or the Observatory. Take them all to the same place. If you start taking them one place, take them all to the same place.
If you did not get the lunch box from the first boss, the dragon, during the battle, you cannot go back and get it. You cannot complete that quest.

2) For One Toon's Trash, I have a list of 34 items that can be used. You must take 20 items to the Museum, and leave them there until there are 20 items there, and you get credit for the quest.
Only after you are sure of the credit for the quest, should you buy back any items, to complete other quests.
Leave the part 79-B in the museum, and take the long way around the construction site. Leave the pieces of captain hook's costume, the black pearl, the white ball of wisdom, the 9 gremlin costumes, and even tires from autotopia in the museum until you get credit for that quest.

Then, you can buy them back.

You understand that the game CONTINUES after it ends and you see the credits. Then, you can complete the other quests that need those items.
#10katydidddPosted 1/21/2013 4:52:50 PM
Clarification on what I said in my previous post about taking Captain Hook's Costume to the Museum -- for credit for all 4 pieces.

I wait until I get credit for "Make your own way" before I turn around and take it to the Museum.
I do not know if Daisy and Smee will talk to me and advise me on what to do with the costume if I do not have it. So, I get it, wait until they will talk to me about it -- after the second boss, then go up and "Make My Own Way".
When I go through the doorway above the Jungle Cruise, I get credit for Make my own way, and I turn around and go back to doing other things.
I wait to do the Ventureland Construction Site and Autotopia.

BTW, I am just a lost customer. If you read the Gamespot.com posts you see that Disney's Warren Spector and the head or Quality Control Irvin Chavira have not even played the game, and do not know anything about it. Even the writers of Prima Guide and IGN Walkthrough did not play, but used what Disney gave them, and got many things really wrong -- like taking pictures immediately, using items, and how to make Clarabelle be Horace's Assistant.