need help- tree dungeon and key

#1cyrusthehumanPosted 11/24/2012 6:01:57 PM
how do I get the key to unlock the dungeon? I've backtracked back to every person, and the only thing I think is important is that raggedy princess asks me if I still have her sock. which I don't, because I used it for that fly pie for the housies. what's next,?! I have my sword, I made some pies, I finished the 3 pieces of evidence, gave it to the cop housie. Now I need the key to get through the rest of the tree dungeon. Help!!
#272nd_GunslingerPosted 11/24/2012 11:39:23 PM
IIRC, at that point Princess Bubblegum gives you the key to the dungeon if you talk to her after you find your sword.
---
"The ones who aren't human....ARE YOU!!"
--Lucy, Elfen Lied
#3cyrusthehuman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:54:46 PM
Nevermind, now I'm stuck in candyland and don't have princess bubblegums pantyhose. Where are they!? How do I get the treasure chest inside the blocks?!? HELP!!
#4wojkelPosted 11/29/2012 6:51:56 AM
To obtain PB's pantyhose you need:
- go to Lemongrab prison and talk with each prisoner,
- go to Grass Land and talk with Bank in House People location,
- go to graveyard in Candy Kingdom and talk with Starchy ,
- go to Duchy of Nuts in Candy Kingdom and talk with Duke of Nuts,
- go to PB's castle in Candy Kingdom and talk with Peppermint Butler,
- go back to Lemongrab's prison and talk with him,
- go to Duchy of Nuts in Candy Kingdom and talk with Duke of Nuts,
- go to Candy Tavern in Candy Kingdom and talk with the guy covered in chocolate,
- go to Dr Ice Cream room in PB's castle in Candy Kingdom,
- go to next room to open in with key you obtained from Dr Ice Cream,
- go to next dungeon that is located near Red Rock Pass,
- beat it and you will get PB's pantyhose.
#5cyrusthehuman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 12:13:33 PM
I've done all but the last two things. So where is red rock pass?! The map is almost no help, very vague. I've been everywhere and back. Thinking I did something wrong and messed up the whole game, if that's possible.? But I can't get through some dungeons because I'm missing a power or something is preventing me from going through. At the dungeon by the graveyard,by the edge of the pink trees,I can't go anywhere, I got the treasure chest, but I can't get across the way or up past the tart in the other room. I'm not a good gamer I guess, first real ds game I got. So I need detailed help. There is no walk through I can find except YouTube, which is impossible to watch on my phone. Thanks for all the answers! I appreciate it, I love adventure time!
#6wojkelPosted 11/29/2012 2:08:44 PM
Ok then.
To be sure - did you get new abbility that was in the room in PB's castle to which you got key from Dr Ice Cream? Because you will need it. It's called "Down Thrust" and you use it by holding down and pressing Y when you are in the air. You need to use it on stone shaped things on ground - when you do that, the sign on it will glow green which means that you opened stone doors.
I take picture of map from collector's edition and marked for you location of dungeon where you need to go: http://i50.tinypic.com/xemoli.jpg
#7cyrusthehuman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:31:36 PM
Oh thanks! You're so nice! I'm going to try that, because I did get that power, just wasn't sure when to use it etc.
#8cyrusthehuman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:40:28 PM
cyrusthehuman posted...
Oh thanks! You're so nice! I'm going to try that, because I did get that power, just wasn't sure when to use it etc.

----so I went to the place on the map, and it won't let me get past the post. I can't get to the door and Idk why. I tried using that power while jumping, and not. Nothing happens, there's no wind or anything to hint of how to get to the door or what's blocking me.
#9cyrusthehuman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:47:07 PM
I got it! Thank you so much!!