How the hell do you defend in this?

#1winstonthewhitePosted 10/5/2012 7:22:56 AM
Every time I play online my opponents seem to charge at my player and successfully tackle him like 95% of the time the moment they get near him. I assume they are holding down RB to do this yet it never works for me

When I try anything like that they just charge through my defence and score, it's irritating as hell
---
-WtW-
#2SunsAlldayPosted 10/5/2012 7:27:42 AM
i love players that do this. always keep the ball moving, if you are not already pressing A to pass to the next player then you will lose the ball. Making two or three of his guys miss tackles will lead to wide open looks.
#3winstonthewhite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 7:29:28 AM
I move the ball reasonably quickly and it always gets intercepted cos of that stupid first touch thing they added this year

Also does having auto/manual switching help defending in anyway? I'm just useless at it at the moment, I don't get how it's so easy for everyone else
---
-WtW-
#4mike0200Posted 10/5/2012 12:20:41 PM
because they are not bad, like you
#5kvmerPosted 10/5/2012 5:42:35 PM(edited)
mike0200 posted...

I'm already at division 2, and today I've won all four cups in a row, without fail. That's 16 wins in a row. I'm pretty great at this game, if I say so myself. But that doesn't mean I think the game is good. It's a godawful piece of trash, when it comes to the defense. EA left the entire defense unchanged from last year, which was already shockingly bad, but now it's even worse because it's even more unbalanced because of the new first touch controls.

As for how you defend in this game? You don't. It's so terrible, you just have to deal with it, and make sure you score more than you concede. The defense here is even worse because of the new first touch factor. Don't believe people who think they're good at the game and therefore defend it without knowing squat about football. The defense is shocking.

The way I defend, is by just keeping LT pressed virtually all the time. Only do a sliding tackle when there's no other option. Try to anticipate their next move, which is usually pretty predictable. All goals I concede are ones you see coming from miles away, but you can't do anything about them cause the teammate AI is all over the place and keeps leaving your opponent's striker completely free on the pitch. Not much you can do about those attacks.
#6Renegade1970Posted 10/5/2012 7:37:43 PM
kvmer posted...
mike0200 posted...

The way I defend, is by just keeping LT pressed virtually all the time. Only do a sliding tackle when there's no other option. Try to anticipate their next move, which is usually pretty predictable. All goals I concede are ones you see coming from miles away, but you can't do anything about them cause the teammate AI is all over the place and keeps leaving your opponent's striker completely free on the pitch. Not much you can do about those attacks.

U mean you use the jockey button so that the attacker loses the ball to you if he gets too close?
#7LuDaCRis073Posted 10/6/2012 9:49:17 PM
I've been having a lot of trouble stopping the lob throughball and everybody is doing it. Is there anyway to defend this?
---
Rawr!
#8Twin-BladePosted 10/7/2012 2:42:09 AM
LuDaCRis073 posted...
I've been having a lot of trouble stopping the lob throughball and everybody is doing it. Is there anyway to defend this?

Are you religious? You could try praying they miss the one-on-one. I'd like to hear of a better tactic myself though, because against a pacey side there isn't much I can do if one of their attackers has got a few yards on one of my fullbacks. They just play the long ball and I just have to bring my keeper out and pray I reach him before the sweaty goal.
#9SkrillaManPosted 10/7/2012 7:37:16 AM
@kvmer

Why do you think it's so bad? You said it's trash but gave no reasons why? I think it's good you just have to be patient. It's way better then just holding A and the guy rushing at him and getting the steal. It actually takes a bit of skill. I wait till the put the ball to far out and then press B to steal it, otherwise I jockey by holding LT and stay in front of them
---
Xbox Gamertag: Skrilla Man