6/11-7/11 Champions League Matchday Thread

#241Val_JesterPosted 11/8/2012 8:30:31 PM
Twin-Blade posted...
T3rraRizin posted...
If Celtic win the Champions league(lolwut) via the park the bus tactic then does that mean they are truly the best team in Europe and fully deserved too win it like Chelsea...

If Celtic were to win, why couldn't anyone beat them?

saiyenlegend902 posted...
At least if Celtic wins the Champions League (lolwut), they'll also be the champion of their league unlike Chelsea. #justsayin.

I'm not even sure what this is even supposed to imply. Are you comparing first place in the Scottish League as being even in the top eight of the EPL?

Ignore that moron. He supports Barcelona highlights
---
http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/
#242saiyenlegend902Posted 11/8/2012 8:44:20 PM
What I'm implying is that considering that Chelsea finished 6th in the Premier League, saying that they are the best in the world after winning the Champions League last season is a bit much. Not trying to discredit their success, but I think what qualifies a team to be the best in the world is to win both the Champions League AND their domestic league, not win the Champions League just qualify for it again the next season.
#243Val_JesterPosted 11/8/2012 10:32:13 PM
What I'm implying is that considering that Chelsea finished 6th in the Premier League, saying that they are the best in the world after winning the Champions League last season is a bit much. Not trying to discredit their success, but I think what qualifies a team to be the best in the world is to win both the Champions League AND their domestic league, not win the Champions League just qualify for it again the next season.

Barcelona is sh*t then since they didn't win either.
---
http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/
#244saiyenlegend902Posted 11/9/2012 5:36:22 AM
Val_Jester posted...

Barcelona is sh*t then since they didn't win either.

Right now, there isn't a best in the world since every team had a huge flaw in their run in some way shape of form. Chelsea's flaw was the 6th place finish in the Premier League. Real Madrid's was an early Copa del Rey exit. Bayern (who was the most consistent team in all 3 competitions) finished 2nd in all of their competitions. Barca was also relatively consistent, BUT only managed to win the Copa del Rey while finishing 2nd domestically and reaching the best 4 in Europe. In terms of this season, Barcelona would have to be the best team right now since they've been very consistent with Bayern and Man.United well up there as well.