Champions League 20th & 21st Nov Topic

#21T3rraRizinPosted 11/20/2012 4:15:47 AM
saiyenlegend902 posted...
Three-Eyed-Crow posted...
Seeing the current English champions finish last in the group of death would be quite hilarious to me though.

Even more hilarious than England's 6th place team beating Barcelona to become European champions?

Definitely =). I mean Chelsea beating an injury plagued Barca team is hardly funny at all.

10 DEFENDERS...1 CB...down by 2 goals...at Nou Camp...

fixed
---
http://goo.gl/XNeyC
PSN - MrT3rrar ;P
#22saiyenlegend902Posted 11/20/2012 5:12:19 AM(edited)
Sicario001 posted...
Plastic Barcelona fan, would rather see Real Madrid win than Man City.

Me picking Madrid over City is purely out of love for Spanish football and dislike for English football, nothing more.
#23Twin-BladePosted 11/20/2012 6:43:11 AM
I'm nervous as hell. It's times like this I wish we had Drogba. Actually, I wish we had Drogba all the time. When his name is on the team sheet you can't help but believe that no matter what happens you're in with a chance.

But beating Juventus away isn't miracle-worthy; if we play well we should win, so I shouldn't be that nervous.. But I can't help it. I imagine we'll start with a bit of a slightly defensive-orientated line up because a draw would be good enough, so I think we won't see the trio of Hazard, Oscar and Mata starting together. If that's the case, Oscar will be in for sure to track Pirlo again, and I'd guess either Mata/Bertrand or Hazard/Moses...

Mata has to play, which would mean someone has to play on the left. Hazard, who adds a lot to attack but isn't very defensively minded. Bertrand, who would help secure that left flank, but I worry about ball retention and he is definitely the weakest attacking-wise of the options. And then Moses, who I think prefers the right (but seems capable on the left) and is quite good defensively. Mata and Oscar are the sure picks for me. Hazard will be on at some point unless the game is looking comfortably in our favour and a goal isn't needed; whether he should start with the other two, I'm not so sure. Juve need three points and will be pushing for a goal. If we can hold them out long enough to tire them a bit, it might be best to have Hazard on the bench and sub him on later to catch them on the counter if the goals needed.

Sturridge up top. I think Torres has to be benched. With all the speculation over RDM's future being in doubt because of Guardiola lately I think RDM won't risk playing Torres just because of his price and will give Sturridge the nod. In the guts we'll have Mikel and Ramires. If he plays Romeu I'll be shocked, as much as I like the guy. At the back, I hope we'll see Cole, Cahill, Ivanovic and Azpi. Cech in goals.

I'll be up early to watch it, even though I have an exam I'm a bit unprepared for later in the day. Might try and do some more study at half time.
#24sniperfox29Posted 11/20/2012 8:05:29 AM
Gothic_Tease posted...
Can't lie, I'm nervous.

I want to keep our proud home record in Europe alive. And is we beat Madrid, and Ajax beat BvB then we've got a chance.

2-2 against BvB next week. Last minute.

Joe Hart scores. We go top.

Ajax win too.

Or more likely, you lose both games, blame the referees for everything, and Mancini has another sulk.
---
I'm back, and worse than ever.
GT - Sniperfox29
#25Sicario001Posted 11/20/2012 8:13:13 AM
Sicario001 posted...

Me picking Madrid over City is purely out of love for Spanish football and dislike for English football, nothing more.

Jealous of a superior league? Or perhaps you're not a proper fan and so therefore your hatred of Real Madrid is non existent. I would much rather the divers of Barcelona and Real Madrid lift the CL than Tottenham. I'm sure they feel exactly the same.
---
I'm doing fishsticks you know, it is a very delicate state of mind.
XboxLive - TheDrunkITGuy
#26Three-Eyed-CrowPosted 11/20/2012 8:36:35 AM
Sicario001 posted...

Why do you dislike English football?

Weirdo.
---
http://i.imgur.com/luXxG.png
#27Three-Eyed-CrowPosted 11/20/2012 8:37:06 AM
sniperfox29 posted...
Or more likely, you lose both games, blame the referees for everything, and Mancini has another sulk.

Snap.
---
http://i.imgur.com/luXxG.png
#28Gothic_TeasePosted 11/20/2012 8:55:42 AM
sniperfox29 posted...
Gothic_Tease posted...
Can't lie, I'm nervous.

I want to keep our proud home record in Europe alive. And is we beat Madrid, and Ajax beat BvB then we've got a chance.

2-2 against BvB next week. Last minute.

Joe Hart scores. We go top.

Ajax win too.

Depends.

If we're denied 2 clear penalties and a goal I'll moan and Mancini will sulk.
---
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6j8yhZCAAA_UxW.jpg
#29EvilMeatBallNLPosted 11/20/2012 9:13:01 AM
Sicario001 posted...
Sicario001 posted...

Jealous of a superior league? Or perhaps you're not a proper fan and so therefore your hatred of Real Madrid is non existent. I would much rather the divers of Barcelona and Real Madrid lift the CL than Tottenham. I'm sure they feel exactly the same.

That's depends on your country though. I follow PSV in Holland but I would love it if Ajax or Twente win the CL.
---
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci
#30SwiftyFXPosted 11/20/2012 9:20:47 AM
To be quite honest, I kinda want Real Madrid to beat Man.City just so I can have an excuse to laugh at an English team. Other than that, Go Barca!!!

*note, not jumping on the Madrid bandwagon, I dislike both teams quite honestly. Seeing the current English champions finish last in the group of death would be quite hilarious to me though.

"Go Barca!"

Such a yank chant. "Go team go!" Does my nut in.
---
"He pushed me, and I let him... I just wanted it over. I wanted him dead. I killed him."
Rick Grimes