RDM SACKeD?????

#91gSephiroth93Posted 11/22/2012 5:23:10 PM
Val_Jester posted...
Like I said...they win more trophies than just about every club.

Last year they finished 6th...won more trophies than the top 5 teams combined. Also had more managers.

Racist scandals, fired managers, dips in form, fickle fans, money spent...doesn't matter because they still win more trophies than most teams.

And guess what it ddoes only matter they win. Can you tell me how Chelsea won the title in the 50s? Without looking it up. Do you know how it happened? Who was playing who was top scorer. No because what goes down in history is the stats...not the details.

When you see a teams record for example 10-3-4. It doesn't says 10 (3 of those games they were awarded a penalty that was a dive) 3 (the played bad and drew) 4 (2 of those the played bad)

So in 60 years when someone mentions Chelsea's CL victory...nobody will say "derp dey prked buss"

+1
very well said, I have to admit
---
GamerTag: EnemyUAV93
#92YiddosRulePosted 11/22/2012 5:40:10 PM
gSephiroth93 posted...
Val_Jester posted...

Last year they finished 6th...won more trophies than the top 5 teams combined. Also had more managers.

Racist scandals, fired managers, dips in form, fickle fans, money spent...doesn't matter because they still win more trophies than most teams.

And guess what it ddoes only matter they win. Can you tell me how Chelsea won the title in the 50s? Without looking it up. Do you know how it happened? Who was playing who was top scorer. No because what goes down in history is the stats...not the details.

When you see a teams record for example 10-3-4. It doesn't says 10 (3 of those games they were awarded a penalty that was a dive) 3 (the played bad and drew) 4 (2 of those the played bad)

So in 60 years when someone mentions Chelsea's CL victory...nobody will say "derp dey prked buss"

+1
very well said, I have to admit

I cannot argue with this logic. Spain are the best.
#93xbxfrk6Posted 11/22/2012 5:45:14 PM
Val_Jester posted...

People will look back onto it the same way they do with other fluke teams that won once and never won again.
---
xbox live gamertag=xbxfrk6
#94mccalledinPosted 11/22/2012 6:56:36 PM
People don't talk about how Chelsea won in the fifties mainly because none of us were there to watch those games. Duh. My Grandpa always goes on about how older teams played, especially Madrid, because he, unlike any of us, saw those games and remembers. I'm sure in 50 years time I'll probably remember how Chelsea played just like I will remember how Barca play.
#95Val_Jester(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 1:11:57 AM
Of course the people who lived through it remember. But by that time our generation as football fans will be in the minority. People our age then will see the stats that Chelsea won in 2012. It won't say how they did it. Only way they will know is if they do research...or ask their grandpa.
---
http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/
#96Incredibad_77Posted 11/23/2012 8:55:42 AM

Quite true tbf.

People won't remember Roman pumping money in either, same with Man City and other nouveau riche club you care to mention. It'll just be accepted as the norm. Even us who've lived through it won't care in 30 years time.

Also Ferguson having a go at Rafa already, shocking. Doesn't like people standing up to him does he.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mfTYY.jpg
#97mccalledinPosted 11/23/2012 9:21:12 AM(edited)
Fergie's just reminding Rafa who the daddy is.
#98gSephiroth93Posted 11/23/2012 10:01:40 AM
xbxfrk6 posted...
Val_Jester posted...

People will look back onto it the same way they do with other fluke teams that won once and never won again.

Compare it to Greece's European Championship victory in 2004. People call it a miracle, but they don't call it a fluke. Same will apply to Chelsea, in years
---
GamerTag: EnemyUAV93
#99Gunner_04_Posted 11/23/2012 10:06:38 AM(edited)
It most definitely was a fluke. There is nobody who thinks otherwise.
---
"Cesc wanted to go home, back to his family and friends. My family and friends are 20 minutes away. Arsenal is my home." - Jack Wilshere.
#100A_Long_DecemberPosted 11/23/2012 10:12:18 AM
No one says Euro 2004 was a miracle. That Greece team were more boring than Chelsea.