January transfer window

#1YiddosRulePosted 12/3/2012 5:21:57 AM
We all know the players value becomes so overpriced and inflated during this window, but what realistic signing(s) would you like to see at your club? I would love to see Eriksen from Ajax at spurs personally. Maybe a shock return of Berba would be good too!

Also, what are your thoughts on this transfer window? As in, would the game benefit from scrapping it altogether, or it's fine as it is?
#2saiyenlegend902Posted 12/3/2012 5:31:21 AM
For Barca, I can't think of any decent CB that isn't cup tied. An extra CB is more so needed for the UCL than La Liga because the fact that Barca can't keep clean sheets will be a problem in the Champions League knockout rounds.

As for scrapping the January window all together, I'd say keep it because for some teams, the January window can help make a huge difference to saving their season. Teams like Arsenal and Chelsea, for example, badly need the January window because they're both just free falling.
#3YiddosRule(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:30:57 AM
See what you mean, but the window can also have a distracting effect too. Then again, since the festive period is full of games and the chance of players getting injured goes up, it gives teams a chance to bolster. Don't agree with you about Chelsea though. They should be joint top in all honesty if they took their chances in games, I mean they have spent millions, so maybe if they sign a proven goalscorer to convert chances things will be better.
#4EvilMeatBallNLPosted 12/3/2012 7:19:40 AM
A striker who is better than Torres.
---
What's it like to have a robot ass?I mean, that's the only logical reason for an EMP nade to make you so butthurt right?
#5Three-Eyed-CrowPosted 12/3/2012 8:39:04 AM
Realistic: Eriksen, Muniain, Rodriguez

Unrealistic: Gotze <3
---
http://i.imgur.com/luXxG.png
#6YiddosRule(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:59:55 AM
Three-Eyed-Crow posted...
Unrealistic: Gotze <3

Never say never. Apparently he has a release clause of 30 million. Stranger things have happened in football.
#7Gunner_04_Posted 12/3/2012 9:42:00 AM
Fellaini, Isco, Adrian, Strootman, Zaha, Lamela, Ben Arfa...

Priority to me is a CDM and a creative winger. Fellaini and Isco fit the bill perfectly and are realistic. Solves our problems in creative and physical part of the game. Both young, technical and dangerous in the final third. One very skilfull with amazing vision, other super strong and dominant in the air but still very good with the ball at his feet.

but we're going to end up with Reina, one of Zaha/Huntelaar, and Henry on loan. Theo will also be sold and we'll finish sixth.
---
He scores with his left, He scores with his right
Santi Cazorla, he makes Nasri look sh*te
#8Gothic_TeasePosted 12/3/2012 10:00:17 AM
Get rid of: Sinclair, Rodwell, Barry.

In: Walcott, Fellaini, Busquets.
---
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6j8yhZCAAA_UxW.jpg
#9YiddosRule(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:27:53 AM
Gunner_04_ posted...
Fellaini, Isco, Adrian, Strootman, Zaha, Lamela, Ben Arfa...

Priority to me is a CDM and a creative winger. Fellaini and Isco fit the bill perfectly and are realistic. Solves our problems in creative and physical part of the game. Both young, technical and dangerous in the final third. One very skilfull with amazing vision, other super strong and dominant in the air but still very good with the ball at his feet.

but we're going to end up with Reina, one of Zaha/Huntelaar, and Henry on loan. Theo will also be sold and we'll finish sixth.

Good call on Fellaini, he would strengthen any team in the league, including the top two. How much Everton would want for him is anyone's guess and would they allow him to leave considering his form and where they are placed? I would say 20 million minimum, considering age and him being premier league proven.
#10YiddosRule(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:51:52 AM
Gothic_Tease posted...
Get rid of: Sinclair, Rodwell, Barry.

In: Walcott, Fellaini, Busquets.

Sinclair and Rodwell were odd signings imo, it's as if he bought them just because he could. Would be funny if Barry ended up at Chelsea so Rafa can finally mould his team around him! The sad thing is though, if city go in for a player, lets say Fellaini, they are pretty much negating all other teams from having a chance, unless the player specifically turns them down. De Jong was a prime example of City's craziness. Pay nearly 20 mill for a player that you could have got for nothing a few months down the line.