Varane played quite well today

#41Three-Eyed-CrowPosted 2/1/2013 5:17:49 PM
saiyenlegend902 posted...
Val_Jester posted...
We'll never know how well Neymar will do in Europe until he makes the trip over. I respect him for honoring his contract and wanting to stay with his family. Given Neymar's skill set, he's best suited for either La Liga or Serie A. Strength-wise, he would suffer in the EPL, but his skill level is far better than most players in that league and Bundesliga, I can't really make a judgement on.

Mata, Hazard, Bale, Kagawa, Silva, Cazorla>Neymar

Step overs don't make you world class.

LOL @ Kagawa being better than Neymar. Mata, Silva, Cazorla and Hazard I definitely agree with you on. Bale is just a pace abuser.

All those players listed are comfortably better than Neymar because they're doing great things and are successful in big leagues.
---
http://i.imgur.com/luXxG.png
#42Val_JesterPosted 2/1/2013 5:34:14 PM
Honestly though, what has Bale really done after 2 years ago when he outclassed both Milan teams in the UCL except dive more than Sergio Busquets? He's quite overrated imo.

You're right. He is overrated. But he's still better than Neymar.

And he's done a lot. He's been one of the leagues best this year. Not many wingers in the league are as good as he is.

Before you make idiotic statements learn the facts first.
---
http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/
#43gSephiroth93Posted 2/1/2013 8:50:03 PM
People hate on bale because others hate on him.

What has bale done for Tottenham? Carried them in the UCL, kept them on the top 4 consistently, and truly is one of the leagues best wingers. Sure all he does is run at opponents, but he's effective
---
"My history as a manager cannot be compared with Frank Rijkaard's history. He has zero trophies and I have a lot of them." - Jose Mourinho
#44hoax123Posted 2/1/2013 11:37:15 PM
dont know why anyone think Neymar has done more than Varane, really. He has proven himself in well over a year in one the best leagues in the world. Neymar has proven he can score against terrible defenders in a terrible league, so what if he does fancy stepovers and tricks, he still does it against terrible defenders.
---
Finally. Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me. - Legate Lanius
#45gSephiroth93Posted 2/2/2013 6:10:21 AM
I still can't fathom why some people think varane deserves a 5 point OVR boost halfway through his first full season as a madradista.

Do you hear yourselves?

Neymar has those ratings because he's fast, he has skill, he can shoot, and he can score.

Varane has those ratings because he can defend well.

It's not rocket science, and it's not a matter of "proving yourself" it's a matter of actually showing those skills on a season to season basis

Take Smalling, Rafael, Evans, and jones for example. They are all arguably at the same level, if not better than Ferdinand (atm) but last I checked, they were struggling to get an 80 OVR

Is it EA's fault?

No, it's because this is the first time they're actually showing their brilliance(for the most part) They're not established football gods, they're just young talents showing their true potential.

In FIFA 14, you can expect stupid boosts like +4 OVR, or something. But right now. Varane's run of form doesn't change anything. He should be grateful for his relatively high rating.

A 78 rating for a 19 year old? That means in career mode he can probably hit 90 in a few seasons. THAT'S what matters.

Tl;dr: stop crying for varane
---
"My history as a manager cannot be compared with Frank Rijkaard's history. He has zero trophies and I have a lot of them." - Jose Mourinho
#46hoax123Posted 2/2/2013 6:28:04 AM
gSephiroth93 posted...
I still can't fathom why some people think varane deserves a 5 point OVR boost halfway through his first full season as a madradista.

Do you hear yourselves?

Neymar has those ratings because he's fast, he has skill, he can shoot, and he can score.

It's not rocket science, and it's not a matter of "proving yourself" it's a matter of actually showing those skills on a season to season basis

Take Smalling, Rafael, Evans, and jones for example. They are all arguably at the same level, if not better than Ferdinand (atm) but last I checked, they were struggling to get an 80 OVR

Is it EA's fault?

No, it's because this is the first time they're actually showing their brilliance(for the most part) They're not established football gods, they're just young talents showing their true potential.

In FIFA 14, you can expect stupid boosts like +4 OVR, or something. But right now. Varane's run of form doesn't change anything. He should be grateful for his relatively high rating.

A 78 rating for a 19 year old? That means in career mode he can probably hit 90 in a few seasons. THAT'S what matters.

MALLING, Rafael, Evans and Jone are all rated higher than Varane, not only is his overall rating to low, the stats are not handed out well. For one, one of his worst stats is pace, thats atrocious in itself. Varane is a much bigger talent than Phil Jones, Jones is still better in the game.First time showing their brilliance?
Varane have been showing brilliance since the moment he joined Real Madrid, and probably before that. Im not saying he should be rated 85-90 or something, but he deserves an 80, with a magnificent pace boost.
Varanes rating is objectively wrong.
EA does not always get it right, like you would like to believe. Many players are being rated so they are doomed to get it wrong sometimes
---
#47saiyenlegend902Posted 2/2/2013 9:03:07 AM
hoax123 posted...
gSephiroth93 posted...

Do you hear yourselves?

Is it EA's fault?

MALLING, Rafael, Evans and Jone are all rated higher than Varane, not only is his overall rating to low, the stats are not handed out well. For one, one of his worst stats is pace, thats atrocious in itself. Varane is a much bigger talent than Phil Jones, Jones is still better in the game.First time showing their brilliance?
Varane have been showing brilliance since the moment he joined Real Madrid, and probably before that. Im not saying he should be rated 85-90 or something, but he deserves an 80, with a magnificent pace boost.
EA does not always get it right, like you would like to believe. Many players are being rated so they are doomed to get it wrong sometimes

A lot of defenders in La Liga, especially the CBs deserve pace boosts, some small, some significant. Mascherano for example is faster than a 68 pace, Pique is definitely faster than 62 irl, Sergio Ramos should be at least 80 pace (as if he wasn't already a tank). I could go on, but it will make for a super long post causing a super over blown argument, so i'll just leave it here.
#48GhostX_117(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:24:57 PM
hoax123 posted...
gSephiroth93 posted...

Do you hear yourselves?

Is it EA's fault?

A lot of defenders in La Liga, especially the CBs deserve pace boosts, some small, some significant. Mascherano for example is faster than a 68 pace, Pique is definitely faster than 62 irl, Sergio Ramos should be at least 80 pace (as if he wasn't already a tank). I could go on, but it will make for a super long post causing a super over blown argument, so i'll just leave it here.

Its true also didnt mascherano have a high pace before? I feel like he used to and they dropped it. Also Sergio Ramos seems to have kind of a hidden pace bcs he feels faster than his stats say at least to me but yeah he does deserve a pace boost.
#49LiquidFuze180Posted 2/5/2013 9:12:09 AM
Sorry, I know it's late as hell but I have to bump this topic and return it to the original discussion.

Raphael Varane. What a lad. He is rather consistently good, skilled at his sweeper role, and is good at reading the game from a defensive standpoint.

Madrid may be having a **** season, but Callejon and Varane are coming along very nicely.
---
love left me broken in the desert
does that make me craaaaaaaazyyyyyyy
#50hoax123Posted 2/5/2013 9:16:38 AM
LiquidFuze180 posted...
Sorry, I know it's late as hell but I have to bump this topic and return it to the original discussion.

Raphael Varane. What a lad. He is rather consistently good, skilled at his sweeper role, and is good at reading the game from a defensive standpoint.

Madrid may be having a **** season, but Callejon and Varane are coming along very nicely.

Callejon? I like him, but he havent had his best season to be fair.
---