09/2-11/02 Matchday Thread

#251dwight_schrute4Posted 2/12/2013 2:59:18 AM
A_Long_December posted...
Val_Jester posted...
I never once said he was a bad manager

But isn't it his job to buy players that do suit his style? Two transfer windows since he took over

That is kind of hard when the team you just took over recently spent 100m on s*** players.

Chelsea spent 50m on one terrible player and still managed to spend a load more this season

Yeah you're right.

I guess I missed the news that the Fenway Sports Group is run by a Russian billionaire.

Liverpool's owners are the same group that spent millions on of players for the Red Sox and all of their players turned out to be s***. They had to sell all of them off and now are struggling to rebuild. At the same time getting rid of one of baseball's best managers for one of the worst. Anything associated with Fenway will be destroyed.

Liverpool's owners are idiots. Not the manager.
#252Sicario001Posted 2/12/2013 3:10:56 AM
gSephiroth93 posted...
Since Rodgers took over:

Liverpool consistently fielded 4 black players

What has that got to do with anything?
---
Beer is the answer... but I can't remember the question.
XboxLive - TheDrunkITGuy
#253A_Long_DecemberPosted 2/12/2013 3:26:29 AM
dwight_schrute4 posted...
Val_Jester posted...

But isn't it his job to buy players that do suit his style? Two transfer windows since he took over

That is kind of hard when the team you just took over recently spent 100m on s*** players.

Chelsea spent 50m on one terrible player and still managed to spend a load more this season

Yeah you're right.

I guess I missed the news that the Fenway Sports Group is run by a Russian billionaire.

Liverpool's owners are the same group that spent millions on of players for the Red Sox and all of their players turned out to be s***. They had to sell all of them off and now are struggling to rebuild. At the same time getting rid of one of baseball's best managers for one of the worst. Anything associated with Fenway will be destroyed.

Again never said he was an idiot

Just pointing out that you're defending him with things that should be up to him to fix

There's no excuse for 15m on Borini, can't blame that on previous managers
#254Val_JesterPosted 2/12/2013 3:40:59 AM
dwight_schrute4 posted...
Val_Jester posted...

Yeah you're right.

Again never said he was an idiot

Just pointing out that you're defending him with things that should be up to him to fix

There's no excuse for 15m on Borini, can't blame that on previous managers

Agreed. But not many strikers were available for that price and he worked with him before. They were desperate and Borini came off a decent season.
---
http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/
#255A_Long_DecemberPosted 2/12/2013 4:54:16 AM
There is an option to just buy no striker at all

I call it the AVB option
#256Val_JesterPosted 2/12/2013 5:28:06 AM
They needed one though.

Stuff like that annoys me about AVB or managers in general. RDM did it too.

Team lacks depth or quality in a position and the manager says "we are fine. There is no problem with the team." Makes you wonder if they actually believe that stuff.

When David Luiz would act like an idiot and do stupid things in the game and RDM was asked about it he would say that there isn't a problem with Luiz and he's playing great and he sees nothing wrong. Makes me think that he truly believes the mistakes he makes are ok.
---
http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/