Does not look good

#1wolfycookiePosted 8/12/2012 4:13:18 AM
This is supposed to be a remake!!!??? But the preview vids show you fighting robots??? This aint double dragon. It seems like the physics are floaty and the annimation when you fall down is really bad. I will be surprised if they give this more than 5 out of 10.

It looks like warriors street brawl rip off only worse.

Thanks for wrecking the franchise.
#2E NicePosted 8/12/2012 2:17:18 PM
You fought mummies in DD3. Fighting robots, huh? Sounds like a page from Streets of Rage 3.
---
ive been eating soup drenched pizza for no reason? - Otaku84 returns
#3wolfycookie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2012 8:56:08 AM
mummies is one thing, but robots that look like vaccume cleaners with legs is another thing. They killed the franchise with this weak game. I'm going out on a limb to say that I strongly believe this will get really bad scores when it is reviewed.
#4odioustridentPosted 8/20/2012 12:40:51 PM
This would be WayForward's first real screw up if the mechanics don't feel right for the genre. I share the concerns but still think this has a chance at greatness. Warriors Street Brawl plays much worse than what we see of the gameplay for DD Neon.
#5MoonbathingPosted 8/20/2012 5:34:01 PM
Then don't buy it. Problem solved!
#6ShinChuckPosted 8/22/2012 2:14:20 AM
While I'm admittedly not particularly enthralled with the art design or the decision to make a lighthearted 80s joke out of it (I think the earnest seriousness with which the original took it's absurd storyline would be fun in itself), Wayforward usually nails these old-school type deals, and I'll be surprised if it doesn't play pretty darn well.

And besides, this isn't the first time the Dragons have taken to space and fought robots... remember Battletoads and Double Dragon? A classic in it's own right!
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#7PostalDudesHerePosted 8/23/2012 1:03:39 PM
wolfycookie posted...
mummies is one thing, but robots that look like vaccume cleaners with legs is another thing. They killed the franchise with this weak game. I'm going out on a limb to say that I strongly believe this will get really bad scores when it is reviewed.

dude, this franchise has been dead for a long time. the only thing other than this that's been done with the series since the mid 90s was the HD version of the arcade game for XBLA. the only thing that this game can do is help the franchise by bringing it back to the public's attention.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!
#8wolfycookie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2012 11:40:51 PM
Moonbathing posted...
Then don't buy it. Problem solved!

No I'd rather complain about it, Remakes are screwed up enough these days!
#9Kage-MaruPosted 9/10/2012 2:39:16 AM
its not a remake its a new game
---
It's time to kick bubblegum and chew ass, and i'm all out of ass.
Im a badass, your a goodass! Little goodie two-shoes! Little goodie two-shoes!
#10sonicteam2k1Posted 9/10/2012 9:49:38 AM
this game looks atrocious all the way around. Animation, sound, mechanics, everything.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own