Ahh well nice attempt I guess....

#1TightNinjaPosted 9/14/2012 10:00:13 PM(edited)
I was planning on buying this game regardless of how bad it was just because I love to see companies but forth an effort to revive my personal favorite video game genre. I have been a Beat em up fan since the late 80's and have never stopped playing them (thank God for emulators)

BUT this installment falls too short for a purchase even at 800. Combat is not even as fluid as DD1 on the NES.....that is not good. There seems to be a huge delay between button presses and actual attack animations. It is counter-intuitive for a fighting game to have controller response this slow.

Online should have been included from the start. I have been playing DD 1-4 arcade, nes and SNES online since 2001 via an emulator that was made by a dude in his spare time, for free. Yet an actual game developer with a staff of professionals can't give us online play AND they want to charge us?

Sorry I can't do it. Maybe when the online play comes around I will reconsider but sadly I will pass for now......God I want beat em up to come backs in a big way.....That is why I re purchased and Old Xbox so I could play Spikeout Battle Street again. I also love the SORR fan remakes that have been made...they are awesome. I wish those had online play!

P.S.
Where the heck is my head grab complete with elbows and knees!!!!!! I mean its only been in EVERY Double Dragon game....and they decide to take it out??????? Why do devs keep making decisions like this!! It irk me too no end! I mean It's like Beast Rider all over again!
---
GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!
Today's FPS gamer - If it kills me it must be overpowered so I will whine until the developer removes it!!! i.e Black Ops
#2nardinizzlePosted 9/14/2012 9:57:15 PM
I hear ya on the knee to the face. but i kinda like the double head smash.
#3nickvd8Posted 9/14/2012 9:57:58 PM
It's not even close to Beast Rider. The fact that you said that just makes you look stupid. The game is great, if you don't like it that's your loss.
---
Want TimeSplitters 4? Go here: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#4Darkwolf2021Posted 9/14/2012 10:34:05 PM
As much as I loved DD1 the game is flawed. Only two of the same enemies on screen at once, while the elbow smash is great you can adbuse it with the knockdown it does. You can get through the whole game on that one move without getting hit, the list goes on..... DD: Neon improves on it with great controls, great lvling/ loots system, excellent counter system. Yea it blows that the grab knee thing is gone.... But smashing two heads together is just as sick or how I can combo a npc into a uppercut followed by a rising knee slamming him into a wall and on to a hurricane kick ending with a smash attack on ground. My point being is people need to take off the nostalgic Goggles wayword did a awesome job with this retake on double dragons.
#5ShinChuckPosted 9/14/2012 11:00:28 PM
TightNinja posted...

BUT this installment falls too short for a purchase even at 800. Combat is not even as fluid as DD1 on the NES.....that is not good. There seems to be a huge delay between button presses and actual attack animations. It is counter-intuitive for a fighting game to have controller response this slow.

All piracy talk aside... I've seen this complaint a couple times, and I'm fairly convinced most of the people who make this assertion (that it's not comparable to the originals in terms of combat) simply have not recently played most of the originals. The NES DD1s were slow, clunky games. The arcade DDs were slow, clunky games.

Heck, I can't think of many third and fourth gen era beat'em ups that weren't. DD Neon seems to have that feel down pretty well, with the addition of some more modern tidbits like pseudo-leveling and a bigger variety of special moves. And I don't know what this "button delay" stuff is.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see this issue.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#6eastxPosted 9/15/2012 1:15:06 AM
The OP is simply trolling. Nobody can remember the original games that poorly.
---
-Paul Acevedo, Xbox Live, PSN, & Steam: EastX
http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/eastx.png
#7finalevePosted 9/15/2012 8:49:00 AM
TightNinja posted...
I was planning on buying this game regardless of how bad it was just because I love to see companies but forth an effort to revive my personal favorite video game genre. I have been a Beat em up fan since the late 80's and have never stopped playing them (thank God for emulators)

Online should have been included from the start. I have been playing DD 1-4 arcade, nes and SNES online since 2001 via an emulator that was made by a dude in his spare time, for free. Yet an actual game developer with a staff of professionals can't give us online play AND they want to charge us?

Sorry I can't do it. Maybe when the online play comes around I will reconsider but sadly I will pass for now......God I want beat em up to come backs in a big way.....That is why I re purchased and Old Xbox so I could play Spikeout Battle Street again. I also love the SORR fan remakes that have been made...they are awesome. I wish those had online play!

P.S.
Where the heck is my head grab complete with elbows and knees!!!!!! I mean its only been in EVERY Double Dragon game....and they decide to take it out??????? Why do devs keep making decisions like this!! It irk me too no end! I mean It's like Beast Rider all over again!

pointed out the flaws in your complaints.
#8VandorLeePosted 9/15/2012 9:23:16 AM
I suppose hes trying to troll....

Ahh well nice attempt i guess...

SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#9wolfycookiePosted 9/15/2012 11:40:16 AM
I agree with the tc.
#10doomedsunsoulPosted 9/15/2012 2:28:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]