Stage 9 is the worst stage in the game

#1UbberDevilPosted 4/29/2013 12:51:04 AM
Especially on Double dragon difficulty. It's too damn long, the first part can suck all the lives out of you, and almost none of the enemies can get stunned. The whole stage just sucks and I'm still stuck on it. i think I got to the very last fight but then got cheap shotted.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#2RootbeerPosted 4/30/2013 3:46:27 PM
This stage really tried my patience on Double Dragon difficulty, but I got through it. There are couple ways you can tackle it, though. The first method that brought me success was to use Training Wheels and the Spin Kick for the first part to minimize damage. I stunned and tossed as many punks as I could, took full advantage of the one bat that's dropped to knock jerks off the platform, and did the Spin Kick when some of the nastier enemies (fire whip Linda) dropped in. I then used whips to take out the rocket jerk girls and air Spin Kick. For the rest of the stage, I used Healing Touch (keeping Training Wheels) when I could to bring back some health and knock down/ground punch the skeletons.

In retrospect, there are easier ways to do it than that. I think it's a better strategy to use Lightning against the rocket jerks and maybe Magic Gambit so you can spam it. Probably a good idea to switch to Spin Kick though just to take care of the last Abobo. Beyond that, stick to punches until stun and throw all day. When you get to graveyard, consider switching to Weapon Up to take full advantage of the Health Clubs and the Magic Wands. There aren't really any tricks to getting through the graveyard other than being careful, making good use of dodging, maybe using Healing Touch whenever you get knocked down since you get up invulnerable (try not to use it otherwise though, because the startup is kind of slow and can get you hurt). Be sure to switch to Training Wheels, though, when you encounter those dang spikey roller things. Otherwise, Lightning Spam + Magic Gambit might work to a degree in the graveyard, but I haven't tried it yet.
---
GT: SuperHappyPuppy
My posts looked weird without a signature.
#3UbberDevil(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:28:44 AM
Those are very good tips. What I like to do for the flying girls is to have them kill themselves. If they land on the ground to do the forward dash on the right side of the platform and you jump over them, they'll end up hitting the slope and die.
---
#4tadmfpolePosted 5/3/2013 11:56:38 PM
That was an evil S.O.B. on DD difficulty. The jaw ride wasn't where I had my troubles, it was everything that came after.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#5AkanubonOrihPosted 5/4/2013 11:10:05 PM
The jaw ride was the only point in Double Dragon difficulty that really gave me trouble.

I pretty much stuck with fireball and absorb through the whole game. Took me a few tries and I only barely made it. I was gonna give up until I watched a video where the guy seemed to be sucking more than I usually do at parts and still managed to beat it. After that it was mostly just using the various level traps to dispatch of the foes for me whenever possible.
---
Like the "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3" fan page on Facebook! (http://tinyurl.com/3gj2r6g)
#6UbberDevil(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 10:07:25 PM
Beat that stage and tried to beat the final. Got to the Skullmageddon and Marian fight and after 10 min of fighting I got killed and threw my room out the window once I saw it made me do the whole level over again. What's the point of pressing continue when you start all the way back regardless?
---
#7AkanubonOrihPosted 5/23/2013 2:01:07 AM
Yeah, the Continue system is terrible. Lives should start you at the same place you died, and continues should take you back to checkpoints.

At least after that you don't get sent back. Push through!
---
Like the "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3" fan page on Facebook! (http://tinyurl.com/3gj2r6g)
#8tadmfpolePosted 6/21/2013 3:08:15 AM
UbberDevil posted...
Beat that stage and tried to beat the final. Got to the Skullmageddon and Marian fight and after 10 min of fighting I got killed and threw my room out the window once I saw it made me do the whole level over again. What's the point of pressing continue when you start all the way back regardless?

I lol'd hard at throwing the room out the window!!
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned