Special Abilities with Stone Skylanders?

#1Mommy0207Posted 11/7/2012 11:50:51 AM
I wrote a post earlier about two stone Skylanders that I have purchased, Zook and Whirlwind series 2. I am still trying to decide whether to sell them or not. My son doesn't know that I have them yet. Can someone tell me if the stone Skylanders do anything special when used in the game? Do they look different on the screen when used? I don't want to test them on his game because I don't want him to find out that I have them. Thanks.
#2KFrosty3Posted 11/7/2012 11:56:25 AM
They may start at level 5 with 2100 gold, besides that, they are just like the normal version of that particular skylander
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#3RossmacdaddyPosted 11/7/2012 12:04:06 PM
Sell them. If nothing else, it helps you get your money back on how much you've already spent on this game. :D
---
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
#4Big Bear is backPosted 11/8/2012 11:10:24 AM
You can make a second save file, then place them on the portal and after seeing what happens (or doesn't happen) delete the second save file.
---
I agree with all the Big Bear, with the exception of banging dudes for fun. I only do it to assert my dominance. It's never fun. --- DroidKowolluh
#5jverzalPosted 11/8/2012 11:24:37 AM
Rossmacdaddy posted...
Sell them. If nothing else, it helps you get your money back on how much you've already spent on this game. :D

Agreed. These are a big deal to a collector, but not to a child who just loves the game. If you can sell 2 Skylanders that have extra-ordinary monetary value to a collector, but no in game value; you can use the profit to but the regular versions of these characters + a few more for your child. He will be happier with extra figures than he would be with the paint variants. He might actually prefer the regular painted figures who look like the familiar characters on the packaging and posters.