Backwards compatibility

#1mikes_junkPosted 11/21/2012 9:29:04 AM
So, has anyone taken a "Spyro's Adventure" character, leveled it up in "Giants" and then taken it back to the original "Spyro's Adventure"?

I'm curious what happens. Is it capped at level 10 when you go back to the original game? Or, does it now show level 15? Can any items be carried from Giants back to Spyro's Adventure? What about money collected in Giants, can it be carried back to the original as well?

Mostly this is just curiosity, but I know my kids, and I know they'll be dragging the original game back out at some point after they have Giants. I don't want our previously saved games to experience problems from switching characters between Spyro's Adventure and Giants.
#2RossmacdaddyPosted 11/21/2012 10:36:59 AM
The character just shows up at level ten. The way I understand it is Experience is a number. Beyond X Experience, you are level 10 in Spyro's Adventure. Beyond X Experience, you are level 15 in Giants.
---
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
#3bnmpPosted 11/21/2012 5:28:54 PM
To add to Ross' comments - hats collected and equiped from Giants only show up in SA if that hat existed in SA - so, no, it's not really backwards compatible. Money will show up, but I believe it is capped at 65,000.
#4Raven_fanboyPosted 11/22/2012 12:15:10 AM
Actually I had a question awhile back about backwards compatibility too that nobody really answered. I have a feeling I know the answer, but never hurts to confirm. Ok, so say I missed out on a character in the first game since I got into the series late. Would getting the character's V.2 counter part (Hex for example since she returned with a new toy in Giants) still unlock the Heroic Challenge in Spyro's Adventure aswell? I already know it doesn't work the other way around and I need Orange based toys to unlock them in Giants.
#5KFrosty3Posted 11/22/2012 6:40:07 AM
Yes, any character that works in Spyro's Adventure unlocks a challenge. I used my Lightcore Prism Break and an S2 Ignitor to unlock challenges in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#6Raven_fanboyPosted 11/22/2012 2:45:21 PM
KFrosty3 posted...
Yes, any character that works in Spyro's Adventure unlocks a challenge. I used my Lightcore Prism Break and an S2 Ignitor to unlock challenges in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.

KFrosty3, you are a life saver. I've been trying to hunt for the first series characters, mostly since they were slightly cheaper and 8 characters don't get reposed, but if the new guys still unlock their challenges in the first game I don't need to worry if I get them in Giants pose and lightcore then. They had boxes of GitD Sonic Boom v.2 they were unpacking today at one of the Walmarts here, was alil hesitant to get one since I knew the original still worked in Giants and with all the deals tonight and tomorrow... The first series are gonna be super cheap or on BOGO at TRU.