Wave 3 figures out Dec. 23. at Toys R Us.

#1MacintegreyPosted 12/17/2012 2:17:07 PM
topic.
---
This Back and Forth is Killing Me
FC: 3997 6506 1018
#2jaigo2Posted 12/17/2012 3:24:10 PM
As soon as that? Which new 3-packs are coming out?
#3Macintegrey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 3:31:50 PM
dont know, just saw the wave 3 box's with the do not sell til dec23 in the backroom today at work... opened one box, saw that guy on the cloud with the lightning bolts, but alas couldnt buy anything since our systems wont sell til the street date...

i only saw the small single figures <9.99> for giants wave 3, but im assuming the rest will be out as well on dec23...
---
This Back and Forth is Killing Me
FC: 3997 6506 1018
#4darkcheezPosted 12/17/2012 8:16:20 PM
12-23 that seem dumb don't they know the end of the world is 12-21. That's just bad marketing.
---
It's better to die on your feet then to live on your knees.
#5KFrosty3Posted 12/18/2012 12:45:23 PM
Macintegrey posted...
dont know, just saw the wave 3 box's with the do not sell til dec23 in the backroom today at work... opened one box, saw that guy on the cloud with the lightning bolts, but alas couldnt buy anything since our systems wont sell til the street date...

i only saw the small single figures <9.99> for giants wave 3, but im assuming the rest will be out as well on dec23...

I thought the characters (minus lightcores and giants) all have the same UPC. Why couldn't you get them sooner?

Also I heard from another user that Ninjini, Eyebrawl, S2 Drobot, Prism Break, and Stealth Elf are also in this wave. So if you add Lightning Rod (and maybe Zap and Hotdog) to this wave, then we might have a decent amount left for wave 4. Hopefully they just all come out already.
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#6RossmacdaddyPosted 12/18/2012 1:37:46 PM(edited)
According to what I've seen, Wave 3 has the following new characters:

Singles:
S2 Lightning Rod
S2 Eruptor
S2 Cynder
S2 Stealth Elf
S2 Prism Break

Lightcore:
LC Shroomboom

Giants
Eye Brawl
Thumpback
Ninjini

Other
Hot Dog (Scorpion Striker Battle Pack)
S2 Zap (Scorpion Striker Battle Pack)
Scorpion Striker (Scorpion Striker Battle Pack)

Apparently a TRU employee leaked some information on Darkspyro. Either Way, character packs for these guys have started showing up on GameStop and other foreign retailers for preorder... except for the Giants. It seems like we would get another Lightcore as well... but I haven't seen any confirmation of which one (and I've been looking). Probably something dumb like LC Chill. No word on the next four sidekicks or the other official variants that are still coming (Molten Hot Dog, Jade Flashwing, Scarlet Ninjini, Legendary Chill). It looks like those will be in Wave 4, along with the remaining S2 characters and Lightcores.

UPDATE: Box pictures are up in some threads on Dark Spryo for all the S2 and Lightcore listed above. According to more employee information, all three giants WILL be out by Christmas. Good luck people...
---
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
#7KFrosty3Posted 12/18/2012 1:50:01 PM(edited)
Lightning Rod is confirmed on ebay, though I wouldn't buy it from this scalper:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylanders-Giants-Series-2-Character-Lightning-Rod-RARE-/230899126631?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35c2a91167

EDIT:
also S2 single pack Cynder, Stealth Elf, Eruptor, and Prism Break. do not buy from scalpers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLANDERS-GIANTS-Wave-3-Cynder-prism-Break-Erupter-Stealth-Elf-/251202094473?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a7ccfc589
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#8jaigo2Posted 12/18/2012 2:11:41 PM
Because Dark Spryo is being re-released, does that mean the rest of the Skylanders will be too? Some of the older Figures are expensive, like Boomer and Wham Shell.
#9RossmacdaddyPosted 12/18/2012 2:25:18 PM
jaigo2 posted...
Because Dark Spryo is being re-released, does that mean the rest of the Skylanders will be too? Some of the older Figures are expensive, like Boomer and Wham Shell.

What are you talking about? Dark Spyro got a limited single release outside of the US, but I haven't heard anything about Dark Spyro being re-released. As for the other 8, they've been releasing a lot more of of the Camo/Warnado/Ignitor triple packs and LOTS of Wham Shells. I'm sure the others will see some additional distribution at some point in the new year.
---
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
#10jaigo2Posted 12/18/2012 2:47:25 PM
I have Camo, so that's fine and Warndo is quite cheep, but Wham Shell goes for 27. I wish they'd make more of the Voodood, Boomer and Prism Break pack, as it's going for almost 40 here. I don't have any of those figures.