How do I equip programs?

#1FreakindaunPosted 7/25/2013 6:02:22 PM
Topic. I bought 4 programs, but I don't know how to equip them...
---
THE ENDER OF TOPICS! GT: Sighteddeath52
"All problems can be solved with a liberal application of lasers and/or explosives."
#2AlphabatPosted 7/25/2013 10:29:17 PM
I'm trying to find this out as well...
#3zerozediPosted 7/25/2013 10:30:45 PM
When you go into a hacking section you get to equip load outs before you start. Otherwise they just stay in your stash until needed.
#4AlphabatPosted 7/25/2013 10:32:27 PM
Thanks sir, that helps a lot!
#5Fearless_SonPosted 7/29/2013 7:02:04 PM
Think of the programs you buy as being stored in the long-term memory of your cyberdeck, which has enough to hold any arbitrary number of programs you might buy. When you jack into the matrix, you get to choose a number of those programs to load into active memory, "equipping" them as it were. More advanced cyberdecks have more active memory available, and thus can load up more programs at the same time, giving you more options.
#6Waldo316Posted 7/30/2013 6:50:10 PM
What if you created a custom character (Street Samurai build), and the option to equip programs doesn't appear? I'm at the same stage that I believe the original poster was at, and there is no option to equip programs (or spells, for that matter). I can equip guns, explosives, medical supplies, and drugs, but where I would normally expect to equipment programs, I only see options for the following:
- Outfit (1)
- Weapons (3)
- Items (6)

There is no "programs" option anywhere, and I don't seem to be able to scroll to another page to see programs. When I talk to the NPC in question and agree to let him tag along, I can't see any options to add programs to him (all the programs I've purchased are grayed out). Also, when we get to the part of the mission where a decker is needed, he has nothing in his inventory. He can't summon any ESPs and he can't use any programs (like healing). He can only use his basic attack, and soon enough, he dies.

I've used a decker before in an earlier mission and I get the idea of how to use programs and ESPs, but the option is not here with this NPC or this mission.

Nor, by the way, can I purchase better programs for the NPCs I can hire (who seem redundant, since this NPC volunteers to help out for free anyway, and is supposed to be pretty good).

Extremely frustrating!
#7MercenaryKPosted 7/31/2013 5:26:24 PM
When you buy Programs / ESPs, they go and stay in your Stash. When a character is jacking into the Matrix, you can allocate those Programs / ESPs then and only then to your Persona.

NPCs come with their own ESPs I believe, and Programs too. There was probably an instance or two when you're able to equip them as you please with Programs / ESPs, but I'm not too sure on the details. The latest run I did, the Decker went straight into the Matrix without me being able to equip stuff, so I want to say runners come pre-equipped and it cannot change.
---
We're stating our opinions and you're insulting us and throwing "I HAZ LYFE" in people's faces like it matters to anyone or anything. - Ziero
#8kroonermanblackPosted 7/31/2013 6:55:51 PM
Waldo316 posted...
What if you created a custom character (Street Samurai build), and the option to equip programs doesn't appear? I'm at the same stage that I believe the original poster was at, and there is no option to equip programs (or spells, for that matter). I can equip guns, explosives, medical supplies, and drugs, but where I would normally expect to equipment programs, I only see options for the following:
- Outfit (1)
- Weapons (3)
- Items (6)

There is no "programs" option anywhere, and I don't seem to be able to scroll to another page to see programs. When I talk to the NPC in question and agree to let him tag along, I can't see any options to add programs to him (all the programs I've purchased are grayed out). Also, when we get to the part of the mission where a decker is needed, he has nothing in his inventory. He can't summon any ESPs and he can't use any programs (like healing). He can only use his basic attack, and soon enough, he dies.

I've used a decker before in an earlier mission and I get the idea of how to use programs and ESPs, but the option is not here with this NPC or this mission.

Nor, by the way, can I purchase better programs for the NPCs I can hire (who seem redundant, since this NPC volunteers to help out for free anyway, and is supposed to be pretty good).

Extremely frustrating!

There are only 3-4 matrix sections.

When you actually jack in to the matrix, that is the only time you select a program/esp. Every other time, they stay in your stash.

You need to have purchased them, but you only use them when you jack in.