Expected 5th forms base card prices?

#1TomahaawkPosted 3/10/2013 9:04:57 AM
What do you think the price of bases will be once the next 5th forms come out? Hopefully we'll make a good chunk of hp. I invested in Yuki and Fairy Princess.
---
IGN Echoedsong. Always looking for good god cards.
#2Jjflight2Posted 3/10/2013 11:34:38 AM
Tomahaawk posted...
What do you think the price of bases will be once the next 5th forms come out? Hopefully we'll make a good chunk of hp. I invested in Yuki and Fairy Princess.

I think this comes down to two things:
- based on the stats of the 5th form card, where does it stack rank with other cards that people can buy
- how many other people have been "investing," since you expect they will flood the market a bit trying to flip their card

So with fairy princess, making a 5th form 8card evo (two 4-7s) gets you a 20k/19.6k card with a 10% base dual boost. For people wanting an attack card, you can get a 4-7 Cait Sith which has 600 more attack and the same 10% attack boost for 200hp or so, so a 4-7 fairy princess should be worth a fair bit less than half of that (since it would take two to make the 5th form), and probably a bit less than even that once the flippers start pumping their cards into the market. You could do the same look on defense, but guessing the moral of the story will be the same.

And can do the same kind of thinking for Yuki.... I don't know man cards as well, but suspect it would turn out the same way (not super valuable), since generally the new cards have been kicking the butts of the old cards, even with 5th form figured in.
#3Elkfryn DemtorPosted 3/10/2013 3:53:24 PM
I doubt they will raise much from what they're at now. The first batch of 5th forms came from left field, so not a lot of people were expecting it. This time everyone that wants to evolve their Yuki, Fairy Princess, Temptress Vampire, and/or Longinus, likely already have the extra card on the side waiting for 5th form.
---
I go where I please and I please where I go.
#4-jaja49Posted 3/17/2013 11:42:03 PM
The constant deflation of card values makes the minor and temporary increase in price not that good of a long term investment. Buying for the long run usually burns yourself, you never know what changes rob's gonna implement or which cards are to be released
#5tonytshPosted 3/18/2013 1:51:44 AM(edited)
There might be a spike the moment it's released but when ppl are aware what the 5th form final stats is and realise it is not fantastic compared to already available cards, the price will moderate back quickly.

You may get lucky aiming for the 1st hour sales.

But I feel that the current going rate of FP already incorporates the 5th evo form. It's base is so much more expensive than Michael and Sephirot which are somewhat comparable in attack.
#6bilaktoitPosted 3/18/2013 4:12:45 AM
So a 4-7 Sl10 Fairy Princess will drop price?? should i sell it?
#7-jaja49Posted 3/18/2013 10:41:28 AM
You could keep it and make a fifth evo as soon as possible, and sell it immediately so you'll get good value. But the skill level won't matter then, that's more valuable now.