new to the game, have to make a decision and few questions

#1marwarePosted 11/15/2013 8:31:33 PM
Hi everyone

let me start by saying i am lost in this game. I've been reading a lot of wikis and asked a lot of questions from the people in the game but didn't get much answers. so decided to come here and ask them here directly.

i come from a game called Dragon Magic. it is in many ways similar to this game. this week they announced that DM servers will shut down and the game will close down so i asked around and somebody recommended this game. My first question is, is this game active? because the board is semi-active and i don't want to spend so much time in this game only to get the same message i got in DM, that the developer won't support it anymore. Do you guys consider this an active game with good community?

I started 5 days ago and I am level 31 at the moment. most of my cards are super s*** lol i'm being honest, i only got crap cards so far. i don't know how so many people have super amazing cards. i don't even know what cards are considered good.

My class is Demon and i have put every points i got into stamina and ATK (100 stamina and 89 ATk, with 37 Defense). i don't care about defense, i want to have a very good attack deck. i asked people what cards i should look for and they gave me these names:

Manatour, Ares, Dancing Princess and Inu (i searched this one but i don't even know what it is)

Are they any good? because they are really cheap in Bazaar. just one HP for 1 Rare card. are they worth spending HP on? i only have 10 HPs at the moment. i know it is nothing but if you guys give me the name of a few good cards i will start looking for them and building my deck slowly around them.

Some jerk in the game told me to buy Zeus. i searched him and he is 3200 HP. that is like 2 month of my pay check right there! i can't afford things like that. I know i am a newb but have some mercy.

Do you guys have any advice for me? i would greatly, greatly appreciate if you could tell me a bit about the type of cards i should look for in Bazaar. i know it takes time but i am willing to spend time on this game but i need to know what i am doing!

Love you all and thank you ^___^
Super noob!
#2khedgearPosted 11/15/2013 11:38:28 PM
Those cards are all horrible and slap that guy who told you to get those.

It really depends on how much HP you have to spend, decent cards will cost you anywhere from 16-60hp each.

For Demon, get Summertime Nightmare, Dark Airjammer, Echidna, Eclipse Dragon, Masked Countes, Pazuzu, Lycaon, Inferno Demon, Funga

Those are in descending order, if you can't afford the first card, check if you can afford the next one, etc. Always look for at least a 4-7 evolution, which is a card that was made from 4 base cards and has been max enhanced 7 times before evolving each time. Basically most of the Final Form cards you see on the bazaar are 4-7 evolutions.

http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Main_Page search for individual card stats here.

If you want info a bit faster, I'm khedgear on Line app
#3Silverfyre80Posted 11/16/2013 8:14:30 AM(edited)
khedgear posted...
Those cards are all horrible and slap that guy who told you to get those.

It really depends on how much HP you have to spend, decent cards will cost you anywhere from 16-60hp each.

For Demon, get Summertime Nightmare, Dark Airjammer, Echidna, Eclipse Dragon, Masked Countes, Pazuzu, Lycaon, Inferno Demon, Funga

Those are in descending order, if you can't afford the first card, check if you can afford the next one, etc. Always look for at least a 4-7 evolution, which is a card that was made from 4 base cards and has been max enhanced 7 times before evolving each time. Basically most of the Final Form cards you see on the bazaar are 4-7 evolutions.

http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Main_Page search for individual card stats here.

If you want info a bit faster, I'm khedgear on Line app

He said he only has 10 hp. How could he afford even one of those cards you listed that aren't SRs? He should be more focused on getting SRs only instead for a better base deck before going up. It's like an arm and a leg for SSRs when you first start.

Since you don't care about defense at all I won't bother giving any. So instead I'll just give you a list of a few good demon attacks instead.

Gargouille
Ghostly Daisy
Inferno Demon
Dragonnewt Princess
Nightmare
Aquamarine Princess
Orobas
Demonic Knight
Mad Hatter
Devil Flower

This more than likely isn't even half of it but it should be a good base start on what you should look for.

Also make sure your HP isn't personal(the pink looking ones) because those cannot be traded whatsoever.
---
I...I'm placing you under a silent! You have the right to remain arrest! -Noel Vermillion
#4pikachupie1Posted 11/16/2013 10:11:14 AM
As for the game itself, yes, rage is definitely an "active" game with millions of accounts, and god knows how much money cygames has. The reason why this board has been semi-active is because it used to be a trading board back when the bazaar didn't exist/ there were no trading limitations, but now trading is all done on the bazaar so advertising on boards has been more or less obsolete.
#5IceymilkPosted 11/16/2013 12:00:13 PM
Dont add anymore to stamina! 100 is good. Just distribute to atk. Do def if you want to get in orders easier but usually they don't have def req now lol.

So here's my demon account cards. I don't spend on it a lot either :)

I'd get final form ssrs because you can find some that are pretty cheap and amazing. You'll have to save up, but your current deck should hold out for now.
Atk:
Sutekh
Nightmare (not summertime)
Demonic knight
Dark fuaire
This 18k atk.card..
Def:
Wraith(they came out with a demon card and same skill, better than bloody mistress, vritra I think its called)
Cruel priestess
Errg cant remember more

My ssr reccomendations

Atk
Sutekh
Lycaon (can't spell)
Echidna
Dark airjammer
Fenrir
Pazuzu
Goblin king
Veight
Hekate

Def:
Halloween necromancer
Vritra(S rare)
Hamelin
Grigori
Euryale

Building decks is a process, just one at a time. If you get legends, only get cetus and summertime nightmare, those are the cheapest. Id aim for ssrs although :)
---
My ign is NOT iceymilk anymore
#6marware(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 10:40:46 AM
Thank you so much for the answers guys. i'm going to check each and every card you mentioned one by one to see where i should start. i'm selling all my rare cards to stack up on Hp and then buy the cards. maybe i will but the rare of those cards and enhance them myself if i see that i don't have enough HP to buy them evolved right now.

i didn't initially think anybody would reply to my thread so thank you so much for the help, you are all awesome!!
^__^
#7Brave_SongPosted 11/19/2013 11:38:57 AM
A lot of players have multiple accounts and register them all on different devices.

Log in bonuses aren't much, but with a legion of alts they add up. The premium card packs give you a Rare card and a holy powder, and all accounts get 5 free bazaar tickets daily, which you can use to sell cards like ArchAngel Queen (a log in bonus)
---
No ones a virgin because life screws everyone.
#8Masamune_DSPosted 11/19/2013 7:18:55 PM
Speaking of claim tickets, do they no longer provide cards above HR rarity? Or is it just abysmally low?
---
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny
#9Silverfyre80Posted 11/19/2013 9:48:36 PM
Masamune_DS posted...
Speaking of claim tickets, do they no longer provide cards above HR rarity? Or is it just abysmally low?

It's always been abyssmally low. I've never gotten past HR myself but I know one or two people who say they got some sr/ssr out of theirs. I'm not sure if they provide base legends though.
---
I...I'm placing you under a silent! You have the right to remain arrest! -Noel Vermillion