I hate Challenges...

#1MrBanballowPosted 3/26/2013 8:16:29 PM
I've hardly made any progress on this game yet, because I spent so much time working on these simple Challenges for my characters to buff their stats early on.

I've stood still... I've swung my sword... I was a Kangaroo for a bit... I've used my radar, when I knew damn well there wasn't any hidden booty to be found... through the infinite versatility of ye rubber bands, I've sent my girls on brisk 10,000km runs.

... then I finally decide to progress the Story a bit, I get out of the Prologue...

... and there's two new characters already, both with empty Challenge Bars...

='(
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#2Umbris_LetalisPosted 3/26/2013 8:25:00 PM
You can do a lot of those out-of-combat challenges just by playing through the game normally; you just need to be creative about doing it.

Of course, by doing it that way you aren't going to get particularly high with any one character in those categories since you'll be switching avatars somewhat frequently.
---
PSN: LostRequiem1 - Feel free to add
Ramble on twitter? Hijinx_23
#3SSj7CloudSPosted 3/26/2013 8:27:42 PM
Yeah...gets worse, there's ten characters you'll get in total not even counting DLC later on should you want one of them in the main party.

10,000km? Wait till you see the final one, it's 5 million. The one before that hilariously is only 300,000km. If you're after all the agility boosts, just stop at 300k, the 5mil offers +1 move but it's really not worth doing.

Turbo controllers and rubber banding/tape makes all the challenges you can do on maps actually have a reason to do.

Unless you feel like mashing search 8,000 times and jump 10,000 times per character to max them.

It's why I'm sticking to just four that I'll bother to do some challenges with, the rest can **** right off.
---
Playing: No More Heroes Desperate Struggle, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, The Last Story
PSN: jext77
#4MrBanballow(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:37:19 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
Turbo controllers and rubber banding/tape makes all the challenges you can do on maps actually have a reason to do.

I really should invest $20 in a Turbo controller.
---
#5Fang289Posted 3/26/2013 8:41:12 PM
Don't even think about trying the 5 million meter travel challenge. SSJ7CloudS computed that it'd take roughly 120 hours for EACH character to reach that, doing nothing else in your game but running around in a circle. There's 10 characters in the game, so that's 1200 hours. There's 24 hours in a day, so it'd take you about 50 days straight of just running in circles to get every challenge.
---
"Oh cool, I always had the hots for barney's little triceratops friend" ~manthony_Higgs
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ox61VlL61qi2j4o.gif
#6SSj7CloudSPosted 3/26/2013 8:52:19 PM(edited)
Fang is right, and here's the topic for reference:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/667143-hyperdimension-neptunia-victory/65794720

A bit of a crude layout with the math on my part but it does get the point across.

yanya posted...
SSj7CloudS posted...

I really should invest $20 in a Turbo controller.

Wouldn't hurt, though maybe Ebay has some cheaper if you can buy online. I'd try there first before a game store if only because they tend to be cheaper online.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ps3+turbo+controller&_sop=15 See if any of those catch your attention.
---
Playing: No More Heroes Desperate Struggle, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, The Last Story
PSN: jext77
#7Wu_HuPosted 3/26/2013 9:02:22 PM
yanya posted...
I've hardly made any progress on this game yet, because I spent so much time working on these simple Challenges for my characters to buff their stats early on.

I've stood still... I've swung my sword... I was a Kangaroo for a bit... I've used my radar, when I knew damn well there wasn't any hidden booty to be found... through the infinite versatility of ye rubber bands, I've sent my girls on brisk 10,000km runs.

... then I finally decide to progress the Story a bit, I get out of the Prologue...

... and there's two new characters already, both with empty Challenge Bars...

='(

dood....
I just laughed when I read your post XD
#8MrBanballow(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 9:24:08 PM
Fang289 posted...
Don't even think about trying the 5 million meter travel challenge. SSJ7CloudS computed that it'd take roughly 120 hours for EACH character to reach that, doing nothing else in your game but running around in a circle. There's 10 characters in the game, so that's 1200 hours. There's 24 hours in a day, so it'd take you about 50 days straight of just running in circles to get every challenge.

... circles? I hadn't even contemplated circles. I just leave them running in a corner, straight ahead. To infinity, and beyond.
---
#9BIGFELLAH26Posted 3/26/2013 9:30:52 PM(edited)
I was a Kangaroo for a bit...

I've sent my girls on brisk 10,000km runs.

These two comments made me laugh.

10,000km? Wait till you see the final one, it's 5 million. The one before that hilariously is only 300,000km.

I hate to think how many jumps you need to do for the final jumping challenge. I hope it isn't as bad as 5 million km. If so *shudder* I'm going to be a kangaroo for a long time.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#10xWantPosted 3/26/2013 9:29:15 PM
As we speak I'm having Plutia run into walls with 1 hand and making cereal with the other
---
Currently Playing :Persona 4 Arena, HDN Victory
PSN : AntiGenjou