So, I really dislike Plutia and I think I figured out why...

#31emilio_ramponePosted 6/10/2013 12:02:08 AM
plutia not being a sadist out of fear of her friends judgement of her is a very simple development since she'd still be a sadist who is pretending to be normal to get by. i doubt she is capable of self reflection and personally deciding that she will no longer behave in that manner because she doesn't see her true self as a sadist. i also don't care for her character.

for the most part i don't even know what i was talking about before. so i was soundly refuted. consider it mostly a rant.

however you're expectations for the writing are too high. i think they gave up on having a serious story, setting, and development after the first game. then rebooted the series for mk2 to be a purely face value, goofy anime, and fan service game. from what i have played of compile heart (cross edge, maybe agarest wars zero, and the HDN series i just see a bunch of fan service borderline visual novel rpg's
---
PSN ID: lil_ram74 Guilty Gear XX AC+ Jam, Testament, Millia\ Blazblue CSE Noel, Makoto\ Tekken TT2 Hwaorang and Lili \SC5 Omega Phyyra
#32Bl00dEdgeRaidenPosted 6/10/2013 12:17:33 AM
ArmedDragoon posted...
Bl00dEdgeRaiden posted...
Ehhh...Opinions i guess. I personally loved it.

Oh, the writing's fine if you don't have any expectations for it, since it's a silly anime game. It's the people who expect more out of it and expect writing decisions that would be found in more normal RPGs that have problems with certain things.

I was referring to that, plus the people's gripes on Plutia and etc.
---
PSN: NeLielLeonHart-3
'I am Drug Free, I am Alcohol Free, and I'm Straight Edge....And I'm better than you' - CM Punk
#33DeburinekoPosted 6/10/2013 12:49:37 PM
.. that is basically why I hated Plutia in the first place. But now its just a love hate relationship when it comes to her now. (guilty pleasure)

Everything that happened to her story wise is just wrong, and she gets away with anything. I already stated in a previous thread that she's leaning towards mary sueism, which she is. Especially after a couple events that happened after ch4.

This is also why I didn't transform Plutia to fight fake Iris Heart after she got KO'd the first time, cause in a way I wanted to teach her a lesson with her normal self. I'll probably do it again when i'm strong enough in the coliseum battle.
---
"Its too early to give up on the game we call life. If reality doesn't work, rely on those 2D girls and your online friends!"
-Nisa
#34Umbris_LetalisPosted 6/10/2013 1:44:39 PM
Deburineko posted...
This is also why I didn't transform Plutia to fight fake Iris Heart after she got KO'd the first time, cause in a way I wanted to teach her a lesson with her normal self. I'll probably do it again when i'm strong enough in the coliseum battle.

....what...?
---
PSN: LostRequiem1 - Feel free to add
#35Fang289(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 2:58:14 PM
ArmedDragoon posted...
Fang289 posted...
Perhaps my fault should be directed at the writing?

Welcome to what I've been saying about every Compile Heart game ever. It IS an issue with the writing.

Is this the reason why the scene with Iffy getting traumatized just doesn't seem to feel right? At all? That's my least-favorite thing in this game, to be honest, and my primary reason for my negative outlook on Plutia.

I mean, that scene didn't seem very... positive. I wasn't that big on Plutia before that scene; I liked her, but I didn't think she was great or anything. But that scene just left a bad taste in me, and I didn't like it.

Now that I really think on it, forget Plutia being overpowered or undeveloping. That isn't the issue. Thanks to my job, I've spent roughly 3 hours of contemplating this (since I have nothing better to do with my time while working aside from daydream, brood, and ponder >_>) and I think the real reason I don't like Plutia that much is because I'm not fond of the whole sadism spiel. Her personality doesn't appeal to me. It's not that there's anything wrong with it, but it's just not my cup of tea.

With that said, I want to apologize for any animosity I might have had. That was not my intention.
---
"Sega is what EAin't." ~Crazy_tank51
PSN: Nack289
#36emilio_ramponePosted 6/10/2013 5:14:14 PM
Fang289 posted...
ArmedDragoon posted...
Fang289 posted...
Perhaps my fault should be directed at the writing?

Welcome to what I've been saying about every Compile Heart game ever. It IS an issue with the writing.

Is this the reason why the scene with Iffy getting traumatized just doesn't seem to feel right? At all? That's my least-favorite thing in this game, to be honest, and my primary reason for my negative outlook on Plutia.

I mean, that scene didn't seem very... positive. I wasn't that big on Plutia before that scene; I liked her, but I didn't think she was great or anything. But that scene just left a bad taste in me, and I didn't like it.

Now that I really think on it, forget Plutia being overpowered or undeveloping. That isn't the issue. Thanks to my job, I've spent roughly 3 hours of contemplating this (since I have nothing better to do with my time while working aside from daydream, brood, and ponder >_>) and I think the real reason I don't like Plutia that much is because I'm not fond of the whole sadism spiel. Her personality doesn't appeal to me. It's not that there's anything wrong with it, but it's just not my cup of tea.

With that said, I want to apologize for any animosity I might have had. That was not my intention.

i didn't feel you had any animosity. in my own moral and ethical scope, i couldn't approve of that scene either. (or the good ending where plutia gets away with molestation practically)however i see allot of anime and games that at times culture shock me (like elfen lied, or seikon no quasar, evangelion, etc.) and it seems like japanese games and anime explore or introduce elements into their writing that just won't sit well with an audience that isn't japanese.(not race but nationality and upbringing).
i think the conquest ending in mk2 was a similar issue but it is not canon and missable whereas there isn't a way to prevent iffy's trauma in victory.
---
PSN ID: lil_ram74 Guilty Gear XX AC+ Jam, Testament, Millia\ Blazblue CSE Noel, Makoto\ Tekken TT2 Hwaorang and Lili \SC5 Omega Phyyra
#37aurakittyPosted 6/10/2013 5:34:25 PM
I'm gonna quote my good friend neppy as a response to everyones feelings; "Different strokes for different folks"
---
Current Job: White Heart's(Ultradimension vers,) Advisor
Previous Job: Ninja